Latency one first note. Resolved.

Gerry 1943

I am currently working on a project in which I am recording guitar on an audio track.

However I am having  issues with the 1st note that is played:  A) it is not heard immediately ...but the following notes are

B) the sound level is weak....but again the sound level of the following notes are OK.

What I am doing wrong?

As usual thank's for any help . Greatly appreciated.

Gerry

Edited by Gerry 1943

This may or may not help. How close is the note to the beginning of the project? Scooting tracks to all start on measure 2 or 3 was common years ago for similar issues, and many of us still carry that workflow forward out of habit. Although not a solution, it may help, since it gives time for the audio engine to be up and running before processing audio.

• Like 1

After first reading your OP my first thoughts were similar to @mettelus and @Lapasoa. When creating projects that have audio I find it is always best to start the project at 1:02 rather than 1:01. This gives time for the audio engine to do its job properly vs asking it to spit out audio as soon as you hit the Play (SpaceBar) button.

But I have a feeling it might have to do with the Mixer knob on your interface. Its a direct monitoring knob. Turning it counterclockwise is your input. Turning it clockwise is you DAW playback. If your using an Amp sim like guitar rig, you'll want to have your Input echo engaged.

I may not  have explained the situation properly.

The guitar solo is in the middle of tune....measure 42....

I can start it OK but A) the sound on the first note is not heard instantly....on the following notes, no issue

B) also on the first note, when playing back,  the sound level is weaker  than on the following notes.

Regards.

Gerry

24 minutes ago, Gerry 1943 said:

I may not  have explained the situation properly.

The guitar solo is in the middle of tune....measure 42....

I can start it OK but A) the sound on the first note is not heard instantly....on the following notes, no issue

B) also on the first note, when playing back,  the sound level is weaker  than on the following notes.

Regards.

Gerry

Try bypassing any fx on that track and see if it changes

Are you using Punch-in recording? If yes, move the record start time earlier.

If no, try it. You can play along with the song without it recording and then it will begin recording at a point you specify; maybe a few beats before the actual solo.

Until someone can come up with a cause and solution, this will keep you on track. 😉