Steinberg UR 22 PITA!

kitekrazy

Replaced some system fans so I remove everything and take the computer out on the patio to blow the dust off of it.

When I plug everything back in the UR22 is working but every DAW I opened up said the ASIO needs more port or something like that.

Sometimes Windblows likes to pick that as the default sound but when I change I still get that ASIO error.

Even rebooting doesn't fix it.

The only solution was to remove it from Windows and reinstall the UR driver. I think this happened twice.  Since it still had PCI slots I was tempted to install an AP2496.

Stuff like this shouldn't happen with USB interfaces.

I've used the Steinberg UR interfaces as well. I have found them to be rock solid on windows. Never once having an issue with any of them, which cannot be said of the other interfaces i have tried. I would put money on it, that whatever problem your having, it's not the fault of the UR22.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2023 at 8:24 PM, kitekrazy said:

Replaced some system fans so I remove everything and take the computer out on the patio to blow the dust off of it.

This makes me wonder if you disconnected/reconnected things and if one might not be seated properly. Not sure how much you did with this, but it is something to check.

Windows doesn't give a lot of control over assignments like it used to, but you can still remove things in the Device Manager and (without uninstalling drivers) Windows will reassign things on the next cold boot to remove conflicts. Device Manager might also show conflicts for you as well. Sometimes Windows will figure things out on its own after a few cold boots, but I wouldn't rely on that one.

9 hours ago, mettelus said:

This makes me wonder if you disconnected/reconnected things and if one might not be seated properly. Not sure how much you did with this, but it is something to check.

Windows doesn't give a lot of control over assignments like it used to, but you can still remove things in the Device Manager and (without uninstalling drivers) Windows will reassign things on the next cold boot to remove conflicts. Device Manager might also show conflicts for you as well. Sometimes Windows will figure things out on its own after a few cold boots, but I wouldn't rely on that one.

Nope.   I've had issue in the past if you didn't plug something in the same USB port.

I probably should have plugged it in first.   If you read the manual even driver updates you are suppose to unplug all devices.

It was probably more of a Windows issue.  Even changing the Window sound to onboard it wouldn't close the UR since it's ASIO.

Removing  it from hardware and installing the drivers was a fix.  

• Like 1