Why isn't the Super Bowl on a Saturday? Also, who are you rooting for?

hockeyjx

On 2/11/2023 at 8:50 PM, hockeyjx said:

I'll never argue with hockey talk, but still looking forward to tomorrow!

Helluva game, and you totally have my sympathies, hockeyjx. 

I’m a Leafs fan - I understand heartbreak.  

Edited by Amicus717

I hate to see the nail in the coffin delivered by the refs, unjustly IMO. But, they came out small in the 2nd half ...can't take your foot off of the gas!

Still have to go to work tomorrow, and at the end of the day, still SPORTSBALL. My life is still really blessed!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hockeyjx said:

Still have to go to work tomorrow, and at the end of the day, still SPORTSBALL. My life is still really blessed!

For the first decade of the 2000's, I had a job as part of workforce management, and the last few years, for a company with an office in the US. That was my first glimpse at how big the Superbowl is. A lot of folks planned that months in adavance when they submitted vacation request for the year ahead. I was surprised to see how huge it was.

Some were pretty blunt about it too, and they'd tell  me that if their request for that Monday off was to be declined, they would call in sick.  Although it was a  really bad idea to be "sick" on that day, as it looked really suspicious.

Edited by Rain
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Rain said:

For the first decade of the 2000's, I had a job as part of workforce management, and the last few years, for a company with an office in the US. That was my first glimpse at how big the Superbowl is. A lot of folks planned that months in adavance when they submitted vacation request for the year ahead. I was surprised to see how huge it was.

Some were pretty blunt about it too, and they'd tell  me that if their request for that Monday off was to be declined, they would call in sick.  Although it was a  really bad idea to be "sick" on that day, as it looked really suspicious.

I had a couple of drinks, but do not get drunk(I keep the plane low if you will) ....that is a novice move!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 57Gregy said:

Good game, the team I wanted to lose, lost.
One thing I've noticed about hockey and soccer; they would be just as exciting without the ball/puck. A bunch of folks running around or skating for 2 hours. YMMV. 😁

Boo on your first point, but hockey is MUCH better than soccer because of hitting ...and fighting.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Amicus717 said:

...and stuff like this...

I saw that, and it was awesome. Started with HUSTLE! I've done something similar(though obviously not at that speed). Outhustled a guy to the guy to the corner, used the glass to see my guy coming down the slot and did a backhand blind to him and he put it home. Even this old squirrel got a nut occasionally(and I was NOT known as a speed or skill guy, but did have hustle and awareness) 😜

1 hour ago, hockeyjx said:

I saw that, and it was awesome. Started with HUSTLE! I've done something similar(though obviously not at that speed). Outhustled a guy to the guy to the corner, used the glass to see my guy coming down the slot and did a backhand blind to him and he put it home. Even this old squirrel got a nut occasionally(and I was NOT known as a speed or skill guy, but did have hustle and awareness) 😜

And that was Thomas Chabot he stole the puck from and then out-dueled for possesion and position.

Chabot's no lightweight - a great defender. 

And yeah, you can do a lot with hustle, alertness and a modest skill set :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Amicus717 said:

And yeah, you can do a lot with hustle, alertness and a modest skill set :) 

At the other end of the spectrum, Connor McDavid is basically a human cheat code. Dude's playing the game in god mode. 

Edited by Amicus717
  • Like 2