I have to wait long pause after hitting play for actual playback to happen. Never had this before.

Wojtek Stecyszyn

Question

Hi

Help needed.

Today my projects begun to act strangely. Please watch the video attached.

When I press start and then want to stop I have to wait some time for playback to stop. It is different time of waiting in different projects (some stops even longer and other without any delay at all) and when I click on the ruler while playback it should jump immediately to that moment, but I have to wait again for this to happen. What is interesting is that within same project I have different results on different tracks - some tracks will stop immediately after hitting stop.

Global FX bypass button helps, but not solves the issue (as I need it on for mixing).

I have disabled all plugins with global FX bypass and then brought back every plugin one by one hitting play and stop each time. NONE plugin or Prochannel module is making that issue! Strange

So, without using global FX bypass I switched off every thing I could - every plugin, all on/off buttons are OFF, bypassing everything.

I can't find anything that would be ON - yet, the issue persists.

Then I click on global FX bypass and magicaly the issue is gone.

Switching OFF global FX bypass and the issue is back

Now Im wondering what else is global FX bypass button turning off if everything is already off?

Anyway, yesterday it was working fine with or without global FX bypass

Other things I've tried already:

-Restarting computer

-going through all drivers available back and forth and back to ASIO

-reinstalling drivers for my audio interface

nothing works

My latency is set to 11.6 msec 512 samples

playback I/O buffers size: 512

please help

4 answers to this question