Some new gear

57Gregy

Just ordered a set of Sennheiser HD 280 headphones and a pair of MIDI cords.
The AKG K52's I bought just a few years ago are already shedding the cover from the earmuffs. Plus, I was never happy with the standard 3.5 mm connector with the 1/4" adapter. That is also getting a little loose. Bad on me for not checking before I bought them, but I expected a 'studio' headphone to not have to use an adapter in the studio.
At GC, the Sennheisers were the least expensive headphones with a standard 1/4" plug. Got good reviews, though.
A little like when I was searching for a MIDI keyboard a few years ago. None of the lower cost examples had MIDI jacks, just USB. I prefer the MIDI cables. I'm happy with what I got, but it was more than I wanted to pay at that time. Thank Goodness for credit! 
Oh, did you hear it is Bapu's birthday today? 🧁

• Like 4

On 2/8/2023 at 11:12 AM, 57Gregy said:

Just ordered a set of Sennheiser HD 280 headphones and a pair of MIDI cords.
The AKG K52's I bought just a few years ago are already shedding the cover from the earmuffs. Plus, I was never happy with the standard 3.5 mm connector with the 1/4" adapter. That is also getting a little loose. Bad on me for not checking before I bought them, but I expected a 'studio' headphone to not have to use an adapter in the studio.
At GC, the Sennheisers were the least expensive headphones with a standard 1/4" plug. Got good reviews, though.
A little like when I was searching for a MIDI keyboard a few years ago. None of the lower cost examples had MIDI jacks, just USB. I prefer the MIDI cables. I'm happy with what I got, but it was more than I wanted to pay at that time. Thank Goodness for credit! 
Oh, did you hear it is Bapu's birthday today? 🧁

I'm Glad you got what you needed ,

+1 Thank Goodness for credit!

44afc5d5098c9563cbb2d88668d1e7e7.jpg

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1

On 2/8/2023 at 11:12 AM, 57Gregy said:

Thank Goodness for credit! 

I was looking at amps and guitars on Sweetwater's site this morning. Received an email 10 minutes later announcing that my Sweetwater credit card limit had been increased.

I'm still not buying that Gibson Les Paul Custom, but it's nice to know that they believe I could afford it. 

Edited by Rain
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Rain said:

I was looking at amps and guitars on Sweetwater's site this morning. Received an email 10 minutes later announcing that my Sweetwater credit card limit had been increased.

I'm still not buying that Gibson Les Paul Custom, but it's nice to know that they believe I could afford it. 

Sweetwater certainly baited the hook with that offer  😉

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Haha 1

Got the headphones yesterday. Feel good, sound good, well-built.
How expensive do headphones have to be to not have a 1/8" plug with a 1/4" adapter? Not mentioned in the literature, not shown in the photos, but there nonetheless. At least it's screw on instead of push on.
The MIDI cables were sent before the HPs but haven't gotten here yet.