PA Amp Alarm

cclarry

3 minutes ago, Zo said:

Just shut it down Oncle L lol 

I'm not buying any PA plugins anymore.  They did me dirty on the "all in bundle" deal, so I'm done with them.
Not saying that others shouldn't buy...just that my experience was VERY bad, so I'm done.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, cclarry said:

I'm not buying any PA plugins anymore.  They did me dirty on the "all in bundle" deal, so I'm done with them.
Not saying that others shouldn't buy...just that my experience was VERY bad, so I'm done.

What happened? O.o

What happened was this...

I didn't get the "$299" offer that I was supposed to get when the promotion started, so I emailed them
about it.  They didn't respond to the email until late December, and sent me the codes.  Unbeknownst
to me, the promo expired on Dec. 31st.  I went to use the codes in January, not knowing that they had 
expired, and I emailed them asking why the codes that they sent me were not working.  He told me
that codes expired on Dec. 31st.  I replied back saying "so YOU failed to send me the proper codes,
and YOU failed to respond to my email in a timely manner, so I don't get to use my codes?"

He LITERALLY responded "Correct" and closed the ticket.

That's enough for me to NEVER buy another PA Plugin.

Edited by cclarry
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, cclarry said:

What happened was this...

I didn't get the "$299" offer that I was supposed to get when the promotio

That's enough for me to NEVER buy another PA Plugin.

:)

What can I say? It is fitting perfectly into the whole picture. I also stopped buying their stuff and only use Metric AB and Streamliner on a regular basis. The rest has been replaced.

By the way, Audio Assault are having a sale right now. Starting from 5 bucks. 

• Thanks 1

While I was banned (well, this account anyway, lol) watched a lot of plugin Youtube videos.

One thing that surprised me was that plugin developers use old code and sell you the same plugin. Waves is the first that comes to mind ( and probably the only company that wants you to pay them for their inneficacy). Or the serial recent fiasco.

PA plugins are full of cramping and aliasing (among others). (Important note, aliasing can be or probably is inaudible, but that's not the point).

Harrison plugins suffer from cramping, and are cleaner than other "console" emulating ones, lol, when they sell you a different idea ( you can null them using a stock eq for example).

Analog gear was and has been designed to be as clean as possible, now that we have that in plugins we are sold the idea of saturation and distortion, and milked millions of dollars.

And so and so on.

From my POV plugin devs owe us, not us to them.

I don't mean to sound antagonizing, just a comment to the air: 

If you want to support plugin devs so they buy their new island, that's your prerogative, I guess.

(some plugins are worth your while but are rather seldom).

Important note: right now audio interfaces (and probably this has been for some years now) are as good as other gear to record and reproduce music.

An Evo 16 can rock your world, while an Auora Lynx is a godified EXPENSIVE apparatus that actually MESSES ( colorizes) your sound. (Related: if you record analog audio, set your interface to 96 khz).

All of this IS on Youtube.

Thanks for your attention. 😋

(I love Softube, exploring Analog Obsession, and I keep AA Purple installed just coz it looks so pretty). Guilty. Lol.

1 hour ago, Last Call said:

PA plugins are full of cramping and aliasing (among others). (Important note, aliasing can be or probably is inaudible, but that's not the point).

The question is: would you rather pay $29 for a plugin with inaudible aliasing, or $199 for pretty much the same plugin that doesn't have aliasing (but for all intents and purposes acts and sounds the same)? Of course there's always the option of using stock plugins, which are pretty good these days.

1 hour ago, Last Call said:

If you want to support plugin devs so they buy their new island, that's your prerogative, I guess.

Pretty sure that's not exclusive to plugins. I once heard about a pair of trainers/sneakers that cost 2 figures to manufacture, but sold for 3-to-4 figures because it had a commemorative logo on it. Fashion shoes and sports merchandise also probably fall into this category too. Monster cables? How about an Apple Mac Pro Stand for £949.00? (https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/MWUG2Z/A/pro-stand)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ALC said:

After getting IK TONEX SE, my zeal for picking up more amp sims has greatly diminished (though admittedly I already have most of the lower gain PA amp sims).

Same here.  I get on ToneNet every few weeks and harvest a bunch of different amps that catch my ear and just..... play...... instead of endlessly tweaking.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jason Neudorf said:

Now that's interesting. So IK is getting POSITIVE feedback on something. Nice!

I'm using Tonex in the Reaper exclusively and UX is still buggy.

2 examples:
- Color indication of selected tone model row  is disappeared after clicking to "Like" on the same row.
- Set filter and choose tone model. Then switch to other FX in the FX chain and back. Filter is empty and row with chosen tone model is gone. This is super annoying for me.

Edited by filo