Free LABS Autograph Grand

BTP

Housed in the prestigious Woodshed Recording studios in Malibu, this Yamaha C6 grand has been graced by hundreds of musical legends — from Lady Gaga, Paul Simon, Ariana Grande and Barbera Streisand, to Metallica, The Rza, and KoRn. Featuring just one preset, enjoy this piano in all its natural splendour, with pedal up/down controls and faithfully captured release triggers. 

https://labs.spitfireaudio.com/autograph-grand

• Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, BTP said:

Again, I had to repair the library after installing it because it showed up as not installed.

And now the Spitfire app keeps installing the same update every time I run it. 

there is a 'known' bug where you have to download labs products twice in the Spitfire app - closing the app in between ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, simon said:

there is a 'known' bug where you have to download labs products twice in the Spitfire app - closing the app in between ?

You don't have to redownload the whole library if you repair it. Only about 100 MB.

30 minutes ago, BTP said:

You don't have to redownload the whole library if you repair it. Only about 100 MB.

the 'known' bug I'm talking about doesn't allow you to repair  - as is says 'not installed' after the first download - plus the full downloads tend to be pretty small/quick.

It's possible your issue is different - dunno ?  - just mentioning it in case it helped

Personally I've learned to live with the Double-Download issue  :)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, simon said:

the 'known' bug I'm talking about doesn't allow you to repair  - as is says 'not installed' after the first download - plus the full downloads tend to be pretty small/quick.

It's possible your issue is different - dunno ?  - just mentioning it in case it helped

Personally I've learned to live with the Double-Download issue  :)

EDIT:  NOPE, you have to re-install!  The repair option FAILED, and I had to close out and reinstall.
That's the first time I that I tried the "repair thing" and it didn't work!

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, cclarry said:

So far we've received 58 FREE libraries from Spitfire LABS.  That's pretty impressive!

downloaded/installed/repaired/reinstalled more times than bapu has posts. 

get's pretty annoying when pulling a project where i tried one out only to 'discover' it's "uninstalled".  the original take on sounds is great despite the soundtracky focus, but can't think of another dev with this problem.

Edited by jackson white
defuse
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Never used any of their libraries yet.  Tried installing for the first time.  Wouldn't allow me to install libraries to my portable hard drive which is formatted to ExFat.  It's forcing me to use NTFS... just great.  Spending the whole day just transferring all my libraries to another hard drive just so that I can format my portable hard drive to NTFS.  Such a pain in the rear.  Never had to deal with this from other devs.

• Sad 1

Just now, Lionel said:

Never used any of their libraries yet.  Tried installing for the first time.  Wouldn't allow me to install libraries to my portable hard drive which is formatted to ExFat.  It's forcing me to use NTFS... just great.  Spending the whole day just transferring all my libraries to another hard drive just so that I can format my portable hard drive to NTFS.  Such a pain in the rear.  Never had to deal with this from other devs.

They will install...just tell it to use it anyways and they'll install

• Like 1

may be a bit late, but microsoft makes a tool to convert a drive from fat to ntfs while preserving your data,

also, people moving libraries on windows might consider learning about "hard symbolic links," so your OS thinks the library is in the old location, but it's really a "super shortcut" to the new location of the library. there's a tool with a nice graphical GUI that will do the command line stuff for you.

sorry for no links, but I don't have them at my fingertips.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cimo said:

may be a bit late, but microsoft makes a tool to convert a drive from fat to ntfs while preserving your data,

also, people moving libraries on windows might consider learning about "hard symbolic links," so your OS thinks the library is in the old location, but it's really a "super shortcut" to the new location of the library. there's a tool with a nice graphical GUI that will do the command line stuff for you.

sorry for no links, but I don't have them at my fingertips.

Thanks for that info.  Never knew of those things.  Would be really interested in knowing the name of that Microsoft tool especially.

47 minutes ago, Lionel said:

Thanks for that info.  Never knew of those things.  Would be really interested in knowing the name of that Microsoft tool especially.

Not a Microsoft tool, but this might convert exFAT to NTFS

https://www.diskpart.com/windows-10/convert-exfat-to-ntfs-windows-10-7201.html

That being said, these days, NTFS is the file system of choice for any DAW PC drive.