[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2019.07 Early Access 2

Jesse Jost

2019.07 Early Access 2 (EA2) installer now available!

Our sincerest thanks to those of you who have provided feedback on Early Access 1 - your support this week has been fantastic! We've addressed more issues and found opportunities for additional refinements as well. We invite you to try out the latest updates in EA2.

Please note that Early Access installers are update installers, which only update from a specific version. Please choose the installer that applies to you:

If you are updating from Early Access 1 (EA1):
Download Cakewalk 2019.07 EA1 to EA2 installer

If you are updating from 2019.05:
Download Cakewalk 2019.05 to EA2 installer

If you haven't already done so, please read about the Early Access Program before participating.

Thanks again for your participation!
The Bakers

New in Early Access 2 

• Improve Time Ruler marker/loop/punch/selection handle feedback while dragging
  • User reported crash on launch
  • Change title capitalization in Preferences dialog
  • If Notifications are turned off, Check For Updates menu item does nothing
  • Regression: Using 3 monitors causes notifications to stop appearing
  • Edit Filter not set correctly after writing automation
  • Dragging audio to time ruler to do ARA convert audio to tempo map does not prompt
  • Dragging audio from browser to MIDI track to do ARA MIDI extraction does not prompt
  • Dragging multiple audio clips from browser to convert to MIDI stacks MIDI on same track
  • Nudge causes MIDI notes to change lanes
  • Automation selection not working correctly in lanes in attached project
  • Regression: Crash dragging empty cell in Matrix View
  • Tab to next/previous note in the PRV can cause crash
  • Preview not working when cropping a track folder composite clip
  • Draw tool mouse cursor flickers rapidly when moving mouse over envelopes
  • Snap Module Displays Whole Duration When Creating New Project
  • Projects with edit filter set to clip automation load with only one envelope visible
  • Clips drag drop or paste across lanes can lead to inconsistent clip envelope visibility
  • Pasting take and automation lanes simultaneously has unexpected results

View list of updates in Early Access 1

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

• Jesse Jost pinned, unfeatured, unpinned and featured this topic

I'm mixing in Console View and dragged an Ozone 8 Imager VST3 from the FX rack of a track to the adjacent track and Imager followed by Cakewalk crashed. Both created crash notifications.   I've attached screenshots of the notifications. Cakewalk created a recovery  project file which I haven't tried because I had a recently saved copy to revert to. The crash is somewhat repeatable. I was able to repeat it once using the same steps as the first time. I've caused what appears to be the same crash randomly opening/closing and moving the plugin. 

I'm using version 2019.07 Build 65 (Early Access 2). I recently signed up for early access. No other problems with early access 1 or 2.

Since this is my first crash report, I'm not sure how/where to post it. 

Let me know if I need to do anything else.

2019-07-27.png

2019-07-27 (1).png

Yikes!

I'm having an issue with the mute button in this early release . . . when I try to mute a single track, it mutes a bunch of tracks, but not all tracks . . . then I see the "mute all tracks" button has become activated . . . toggling the "mute all tracks" button on and off . . . well, there's  a definite bug there.

The Bandlab Assistant won't let me roll back ?  Am I hooped for now ?

Anyone recall how to undo this early release ?

Okay, I've uninstalled the early release and reinstalled back to 2019.05 . . . but this mute button issue still exists.

I've now discovered this is actually an issue with my controller keyboard, when  unplug it, Cakewalk MUTE button works as expected.

Sorry, so this is not an early release bug, it's something with my keyboard controller. Off to troubleshoot.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Twisted Fingers said:

I'm mixing in Console View and dragged an Ozone 8 Imager VST3 from the FX rack of a track to the adjacent track and Imager followed by Cakewalk crashed. Both created crash notifications.   I've attached screenshots of the notifications. Cakewalk created a recovery  project file which I haven't tried because I had a recently saved copy to revert to. The crash is somewhat repeatable. I was able to repeat it once using the same steps as the first time. I've caused what appears to be the same crash randomly opening/closing and moving the plugin. 

I'm using version 2019.07 Build 65 (Early Access 2). I recently signed up for early access. No other problems with early access 1 or 2.

Since this is my first crash report, I'm not sure how/where to post it. 

Let me know if I need to do anything else.

2019-07-27.png

2019-07-27 (1).png

I have seen crashes with Ozone in the past - the crash dialog above shows that Ozone itself is crashing not CbB. So you can submit that error to iZotope. Please upload and send me a link to the dump file as well so we can check it out. More info on this here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

New problem has arisen!

Not sure if this is due to the update, but I can't find any other reasons...

I'm no longer getting any imput from my nektar impact ix49....

I've done factory rest on it  as well as re-opening CbB etc.

Not seeing any midi input activity at all!

Edit:

Kybd works fine on standalone synths

Edit2:

Working fine in other DAWs and when CbB is open MIDI activity appears active in tray

Edit3:

Examined everything I could think of. Works everywhere but in CbB though the tray midi monitor shows activity. I get no activity on a midi input track. Did anything change related to input/midi issues?

This one is quite debilitating right now...

<ouch>!

Thanks!

Edit4:

BTW...  don't know if it matters but this is a usb/midi device.

Edited by Keni
  • Sad 1

Keni, this is a long shot, but I recently had the dreaded "MIDI can talk to everything but Cakewalk VSTi's" effect, and what it turned out to be was a rogue control surface entry.

I looked at Preferences/MIDI/Control Surfaces, and for whatever reason, the input device was set to be my MIDI keyboard controller, and so Cakewalk was interpreting all of its keypresses as control surface movements.

Once I set that device to be what it was supposed to be (my nanoKONTROL), all was well.

Edited by Starship Krupa
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

Keni, this is a long shot, but I recently had the dreaded "MIDI can talk to everything but Cakewalk VSTi's" effect, and what it turned out to be was a rogue control surface entry.

I looked at Preferences/MIDI/Control Surfaces, and for whatever reason, the input device was set to be my MIDI keyboard controller, and so Cakewalk was interpreting all of its keypresses as control surface movements.

Once I set that device to be what it was supposed to be (my nanoKONTROL), all was well.

Thanks SK!

That sounds very possible.  Not realizing that the same device couldn't be keyboard entry as well as commands.  I was just testing methods of assigning need the keys to transport controls for a friend.  Headed back to the studio now to try!

• Great Idea 1

52 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

Thanks again Starship Krupa!

[Solved]

You nailed this one fast. Deleted the control surface, then it required CbB to be restarted  and all is well!

Entirely my fault and thankfully, not the early release!

Edited by Keni
  • Like 2