Waves Magma Channel Strip

cclarry

I ran the Mercury installer (did the update in central).  Mercury showing "installed" and activated.  Not showing up in PT, but I do see Lil Tube and BB Tubes.  

Had to go to the Waves site, login, do the "get latest version" to go from 14.0.3 to 14.0.4 in Waves Central.  I have WUP.  Installed again.  Launched PT, missing plug ins.  

Grrr.

Opened central.  Tried "Fix permissions and ownership".  Launched PT.  No dice.  

Grrrr.

Opened central.  Tried "repair" this time.  Took a while- longer than you'd want with a client in the room.  Launched PT.  No dice.  

Grrrrr.

Ran Version organizer.  At this point, Mercury no longer showed to be installed.  I installed that again and it finally showed up in PT.  

When this kinda stuff happens, you kinda don't want to like the plug in.  

I think this one sets a record for most 'artist presets' I've seen.  Hundreds of them, almost jokingly.  I probably recognize 1% of the names.  Perhaps they are mostly tiktok influencers.  

No oversampling I can see.  Kinda a hot topic these days, I guess.  

39 minutes ago, fret_man said:

Be sure you look for Magma. FYI, my install worked just fine 1st time in Studio One.

Thanks.  It shows up next to BB tubes and Lil tubes and when did a search for it, so it definitely wasn't there.  

I just ran the installer in 2 other control rooms and didn't have the same issue.