Sounpaint Majestica Percussion

cclarry

5 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Every time Soundpaint release a library, I see this type of comment. It’s not expensive. Depends if you need it and can manage the space.

The real issue is that it's just the Percussion from Majestca repackaged for Sounpaint with DOUBLE the Kontakt footprint.
All of the Soundpaint Libraries are disk hogs...but if you need, or want, them....then have at it!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, locrian said:

It's a bit strange to quote yourself on your webpage...

image.png.1c578ffa0382b3f8a469b57fe37d379e.png

It fits with the tone of his walkthroughs, which I find a bit too self congratulatory. Others have commented about Troels listing that he has an Academy Award, without mentioning which academy awarded it. They felt that it gave the impression that he has an Oscar, which he doesn’t. He likes to blow his own trumpet as well as sampling them.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, cclarry said:

The real issue is that it's just the Percussion from Majestca repackaged for Sounpaint with DOUBLE the Kontakt footprint.
All of the Soundpaint Libraries are disk hogs...but if you need, or want, them....then have at it!

Have they ever discussed the justification for the size difference? I'd be curious to know what their reasoning is for this, or maybe they just haven't decided on the right compression algorithm yet. Perhaps they have one in the works?

41 minutes ago, Patrick Derbidge said:

Have they ever discussed the justification for the size difference? I'd be curious to know what their reasoning is for this, or maybe they just haven't decided on the right compression algorithm yet. Perhaps they have one in the works?

The reason is that Sounpaint cannot use the Proprietary Kontakt Compression Algorithm, and therefore will have a much larger footprint.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

The reason is that Sounpaint cannot use the Proprietary Kontakt Compression Algorithm, and therefore will have a much larger footprint.

I get that, I was just wondering if they have ever addressed this and have a plan to fix it. I haven't heard anything so I'm assuming that they haven't addressed it. Hopefully they will come up with their own quality compression algorithm. I like it when there's competition.

SP talk a lot about using a different sampling paradigm, so the larger file sizes aren't necessarily due to not using a decent compression format.
Those who follow them on Discord might have more info and here is the basic info from their site:

"Soundpaint™ is uses a proprietary audio format (Real-Time Samples™) which render instruments in real-time. All instruments can have 127 discrete dynamic velocity layers."

• Like 1