Post Effect Recording

DelaJota Music

Hello, I have a query. I have looked everywhere for the option but I can't find it. Is there a way to record a post effect voice in cakewalk like in other daws? Example: I want to record a voice - I insert the Auto-tune effect in the channel - I record and the recorded clip already has the autotune effect included. this to avoid placing the effect on all channels, to save cpu. Can you do that in cakewalk?

Sin título.png

you can simply click on the "+" on the Sends -- add an aux track and make sure the send is post-fader. then add the auto-tune on the desired track. record the aux track. or simply "apply effects" on your process menu (although this is destructive to the audio on that track). or make a copy of the vocal track then apply effects to the copy (making sure the clips are unlinked). or make the track copy (unlinked clips) and apply auto-tune as a region fx (similar to melodyne) and do your edits and then apply.

image.png.066992ea30e89d5efe5fa43aec85ab37.png --- > image.png.69ef8b4ba307a788d76deb82454d4969.png ---> image.png.1aab585aaf7c7b865616409b6aa912c9.png

Edited by fossile

28 minutes ago, fossile said:

simplemente puede hacer clic en el "+" en los envíos: agregue una pista auxiliar y asegúrese de que el envío sea posterior al fader. Luego agregue el auto-tune en la pista deseada. Grabe la pista auxiliar. o simplemente "aplicar efectos" en su menú de proceso (aunque esto es destructivo para el audio en esa pista). o haga una copia de la pista vocal y luego aplique efectos a la copia (asegurándose de que los clips estén desvinculados). O haga la copia de la pista (clips desvinculados) y aplique Auto-Tune como una región FX (similar a Melodyne) y haga sus ediciones y luego aplíquela.

Imagen.png.066992EA30E89D5EF5FA43AEC85AB37.png --- > Imagen.png.69ef8b4ba307a788d76deb82454d4969.png ---> Imagen.png.1AAB585AAF7C7B865616409B6AA912C9.png

Friend! thank you so much! , it works for me! It takes a bit more time, but it works :) . Let's see if you can solve another question for me: Is there also a way to play or automate the formant and the pitch of a vowel in cakewalk? like for electronic music and those genres, without resorting to third-party plugins. I like it and I want to change completely to this daw but I want to have at my fingertips the necessary tools that are useful for me to work on my mixes.

Sin título.png

you can open the automation lane and find the auto-tune automation parameters, then simply use the tools to edit as needed - on/off, various values, etc.   best bet - spend some time reading the manual as Cakewalk is a very powerful DAW and to uncover the features -- you can refer to the large help documentation. here's a link to the automation help: https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Automation.01.html