The Best Kind Of Love

RexRed

OK, here it is...

The intro gave me goose bumps! The chords are quite standard, but the way you recorded it it just sounds good ☺️

I love the overall warm, clear and detailed  sound, balance, vocals and little details that change in the background. 

One thing, after a while I found it getting a bit boring, because it  stays all the time on the same few chords (a bit like Pharrell Williams - Happy: I love the song, but really miss some changes in the song to make it more interesting).
Maybe I'm old fashioned but I mostly like songs where there are several changes like intro, verse bridge, chorus, break, solo, going outside and modulation each with other chord(s)(changes) (and preferably somewhere a totally unexpected chord change to draw the attention)

Today's trend seems like there's often more emphasis on the little details that change over the same few chords and I think there you've hit the bull's-eye!

BTW is someone going to be surprised the 14th? 😉

Edited by Teegarden
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Teegarden said:

OK, here it is...

The intro gave me goose bumps! The chords are quite standard, but the way you recorded it it just sounds good ☺️

I love the overall warm, clear and detailed  sound, balance, vocals and little details that change in the background. 

One thing, after a while I found it getting a bit boring, because it  stays all the time on the same few chords (a bit like Pharrell Williams - Happy: I love the song, but really miss some changes in the song to make it more interesting).
Maybe I'm old fashioned but I mostly like songs where there are several changes like intro, verse bridge, chorus, break, solo, going outside and modulation each with other chord(s)(changes) (and preferably somewhere a totally unexpected chord change to draw the attention)

Today's trend seems like there's often more emphasis on the little details that change over the same few chords and I think there you've hit the bull's-eye!

BTW is someone going to be surprised the 14th? 😉

Thanks for the honesty TeeGarden,

I guess you have not lived as a musician 'till someone has called your song, repetitive and boring...

I am glad I am not made of glass. 😉

I actually put a drone in the lead guitar part in this song as well, to accentuate the monotony I guess.

I make  a variety of songs, and a lot can be said for songs with more changes.

Some people can't be bothered by a love song, even on Feb 14th... lol 

Best to you Tee! 

Edited by RexRed

Thank you Wookie for the listen and nice comment!

Well, I went back to the song and did some more work on it.

If you bought the song, please go back and download the latest version of the song on Reverbnation.

There is only so much I can do other than rip the song up and redo it completely.

Personally, I did not like the song as it was either. So I really can't fault TeeGarden for his comment.

It sounded harsh to me and lacked warmth.

So, I added another bass to balance out the highs more.

I took out Ozone 10 on the master bus and Neutron Pro on some tracks and mastered it manually.

Then I fixed the lead vocal that had a slight lag. When the vocals are not EXACTLY spot on and lag a bit, that can give the song a, well, "boring" feel.

I also added a choir, a cello and an organ in separate places to give the song a more climactic feel to the parts when they do change, to help with the repetitive nature of the song as best as I could.

Enjoy, awesome Cakewalk peeps!