Updates

Teksonik

I’ve been with Cakewalk since the early 1990s, the floppy disk years and hope I can stay with Cakewalk. I am very tempted to try my hand at scoring music for videos. I just can’t do it with Cakewalk. Not being able to move the video clip where I want it to go is a non-starter for me. It also feels sluggish.

Also, I wish there were more flexibility with the staff view. I’ve spent the last year working with piano roll, but it still isn’t a staff. If I write a complex chord sequence and work on fine tuning a melody or harmony I cannot look at a piano roll while it is moving and know what the heck it is going on.

I use about 6 Spitfire libraries and when I see their tutorials or other YouTube musicians using them they seem to have it easier accessing the multiple aspects of the libraries.

Lastly, my Korg nanokontrol is just a hunk of plastic. It works and then doesn’t work. People who use other daws don’t seem to have this issue.

All of these issues might just be me, but I don’t think so. I can’t seem to find any Cakewalk videos for advanced users. I feel a bit left out. This forum seems to be the only place for me to find answers. Seems like many pros use Cubase. Am I wrong? I appreciate the fact that Cakewalk is free and that there have been many updates, yet I don’t feel like Meng is aiming this product at pros, but is shooting for young users who are lured at the price of entry.

I own Cubase and I got a huge kick out of the Pre Christmas discount deal offer to UPDATE for only $399.  I think this is normal for all other DAW's too. 

The full price of comparable DAW's seems to be over $500. 

If we had remained under Gibson's roof and the ownership system they were using by now we would have forked over ??? $$ for updates to Splat. ( Sonar Platinum for you newcomers) or you would be using the old one that was so full of bugs you had to save your work every 5 minutes to keep from loosing it. And who knows if Noel and the gang would have been allowed to focus on those bugs like they have been doing since then.

Too me that's the only update that has mattered, stability. And we are still not 100% there as you can make Cakewalk crash still if you try and use the wrong plug in ( Like TTS_1) but these are things you learn with any software. 

I love this free ride I've been on for more than 5 years which also includes a lot of the great plug ins I've found. I'll spend that money on Hardware or upgrades to plug ins I really like. If Bandlab ever asks me for money, which it seems unlikely, no problem I'll gladly pay. It's good software.  

• Like 2