instrumental demo remix

Hidden Symmetry

Here's an old internet collab Cake project I'm trying to salvage (might have been here previously.) The audio tracks have issues but keeping as is, here's a new 0 fader remix (my sub died so hopefully it translates...no real video, just a little lava lamp action background for use YT release) Once again CbB worked well on this 16b project made pre Sonar 6? ...props to the bakers..hope you enjoy

• Like 5

I like the track.. very nice.

We all paint very different pictures but it seems very top endy and lacking in low mids and bass  (not like your usual mixes.
This is just my opinion and could be because I have been listening to music all day while snow ploughing with my nuraphones pro buds.

Edited by garybrun

21 minutes ago, garybrun said:

I like the track.. very nice.

We all paint very different pictures but it seems very top endy and lacking in low mids and bass  (not like your usual mixes.
This is just my opinion and could be because I have been listening to music all day while snow plough with my nuraphones pro buds.

thanks Gary, I appreciate the feedback & will check it out again.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

thanks Gary, I appreciate the feedback & will check it out again.

@Hidden Symmetry I'm so sorry...  it was my ears shot!!  LOL.
Listened again this morning.. this mix is spot on... well different as a fresh listen.
Am I hearing correctly on the low mids and high mids?

Well at least as I wasn't afraid to say something because your productions are usually top notch!!

Edited by garybrun

Woah, incredible guitar super cool. The sound is cool too.

I like this kind of music but do not know much.

I used to have jam session over the internet and I played drums and this song reminds me of that time. Ever time I hear other players do cool stuff, I got so excited and felt I should try something cool. as well.

I don't know how this was recorded but hearing the guitar part would have been exciting for that drummer as well!

The drum sound is also cool

4 hours ago, garybrun said:

@Hidden Symmetry I'm so sorry...  it was my ears shot!!  LOL.
Listened again this morning.. this mix is spot on... well different as a fresh listen.
Am I hearing correctly on the low mids and high mids?

Well at least as I wasn't afraid to say something because your productions are usually top notch!!

Hi Gary, the major problem with this are the guitars.they need to be trashed & completely re-recorded. I'm fine with the take but the sound is awful /poorly tracked..lipstick on a pig type situation!...maybe one day I'll start from scratch..thanks again for your help.

3 hours ago, Quick Math said:

Woah, incredible guitar super cool. The sound is cool too.

I like this kind of music but do not know much.

I used to have jam session over the internet and I played drums and this song reminds me of that time. Ever time I hear other players do cool stuff, I got so excited and felt I should try something cool. as well.

I don't know how this was recorded but hearing the guitar part would have been exciting for that drummer as well!

The drum sound is also cool

Thanks Quick Math. This was an early collab ( 2001) slow dial-up IIRC the drum track was an mp3. I believe I gave him his guide with a midi bass,then bass gtr was added... sometimes it's the opposite..They both prefer having each others part to play off of so sometimes it goes back & forth a few times..most of the time it's one track..It is exciting when I get their tracks back & hear it from their perspective, it can change the tune entirely.

Hope you get a chance to do it too.. thanks again for listening.

• Like 2

On 2/9/2023 at 11:35 AM, freddy j said:

Excellent as always!  You, Nigel, etc., etc. certainly set the standard for this forum and wee mortals like me!  Well done!!!

Thank you freddy, again I appreciate your kind words.

17 hours ago, Paul Bush said:

Hi , it takes one on a trip to , somewhere ,nowhere and back , i could make many comparisons but I wont ,

i wouldnt want to dilute what is a brillinat peice of work ..

cheers paul

Hi Paul, thanks for listening & glad you enjoyed the track.