Mr Blue Sky COVER

PavlovsCat

I recorded this cover last year but struggled with mixing it until this weekend, where I was fairly happy with this mix (I don't know much about mixing and mainly do things by using my ears, so I'm sure there's a lot that can be improved, but it's much closer to what I wanted then my original mix). The song has deep emotional connections for me, so I always wanted to cover it. I welcome constructive criticism, especially with regards to mixing, an area I am fairly incompetent at. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 4

Nice cover Peter ! You've for sure got the vocals down. I'm not going to attempt to recommend anything EQ wise listening on a laptop. The overall mix sounds good to me , and it does sound like it would be one a little hard to mix . It does sound like the main vocal track isn't centered and could use a little carving out for it. It sounds like it's leaning to the right a little bit . That got my attention pretty quick. I swapped my headphones around and it followed the swap.  It may just be me , but I think the build up at the end could be dropped down a little also.    Anyway ..  Great Job , I Really enjoyed this !      

mark

Edited by mark skinner
  • Thanks 1