Please Help-USB MIDI Device Troubleshooting

Guerilla Genus

I am troubleshooting a Windows 10 machine with AMD A10 CPU, 32g of Ram and 250g SSD drive.  I am Having an issue with USB Midi Connection and M audio Oxygen Pro Keyboard. The problem is a behavior where CbB will not recognize the USB Midi keyboard connection unless the device is disconnected and restarted. Is this behavior abnormal or is there a recommended order for Windows Startup, USB Midi Power on, and Cakewalk application Startup ??

Any assistance is appreciated thanks.

Thanks for responding, I have noticed that if the Midi Keyboard is turned off and then powered on after Windows startup is finished then Cakewalk will recognize the device, it seems as though Windows doesn't recognize the device if it is connected and powered on before the Windows operating system is loaded....🤓

Sometimes Windows will report everything  properly while CbB sees nothing.

On Windows 10 I've had better results turning all devices on 1st, then booting up.

On a different Windows 11 laptop it's a crapshoot where I've done that and rebooted several times before CbB sees anything.

Sometimes properly disconnecting & reconnecting USB devices does force CbB to recognize them.

Edited by sjoens
  • Great Idea 1

The Oxygen keyboard(s) are class compliant, they don’t need specific drivers, which maybe why this issue is around.

i’ve had this happen,  and still have it every now and again.

The only thing i’ve found to do is to un-tick the device in Preferences, close Cakewalk, then start the app without turning on the keyboard. Close Cakewalk again then turn on the Oxygen and then fire up Cakewalk, re-tick in Prefs if necessary.

Long winded i know,  but it works, if anyone has a different solution i’m all ears.

J

• Great Idea 1