"Opening Project" Popup Never Goes Away (UPDATED)

Larry Jones

Question

Title states my issue. My questions are what causes this and how can I make it work correctly? I should note that I can manually click the toast message off and work on the project, but it never goes away on its own, which I assume it's supposed to because the rest of the message is "Please wait..." Just out of curiosity I have waited as long as 15 minutes.

UPDATE: THIS ISSUE WENT AWAY ON ITS OWN. I DON'T KNOW WHAT CAUSED IT, OR WHAT "FIXED" IT.

Edited by Larry Jones

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, scook said:

I believe it should honor the Notifications timeout setting

My Notifications settings look just like your screenshot, so it must be something else. It doesn't seem to effect the program's functioning, but it just started doing this recently, so of course I fear the worst will happen soon.🙃

Edited by Larry Jones

Hi @Larry Jones

Just a thought... I have had trouble with certain projects before  - not the same as your issue but still a "hang" of some kind. In my case Cakewalk would sort of hang when I closed the project and then quit before showing the Start dialog. If I opened the project in "safe mode" and stopped all plugins from loading, then when I closed it Cakewalk did not hang. Eventually by trial and error I found a plugin which seemed to be the cause, removed it from my project and it has been fine since.

So, just wondering in your case - does this happen for every project or just some projects? If you create a super simple project with, say, one empty track only, does it still happen when opening that project? Does it happen if you try opening in safe mode and disabling all plugins?

My thought is that perhaps an errant plugin is causing this - but that's a wild guess!