Multiple Outputs Switched Order?

sjoens

My interface has 2 outputs. Somehow they got crossed in Project 2. Never seen this before. Setting or glitch?

Project 1 is a new project. Project 2 is a longtime project saved multiple times in SPlat and CbB. All settings are identical.

So far only the 19th version of this project is affected.

CbB-outputs.jpg.befd8a0ee6995fab500fccf9ca3dec58.jpg

Edited by sjoens

On 2/3/2023 at 3:21 AM, sjoens said:

My interface has 2 outputs. Somehow they got crossed in Project 2. Never seen this before. Setting or glitch?

Project 1 is a new project. Project 2 is a longtime project saved multiple times in SPlat and CbB. All settings are identical.

So far only the 19th version of this project is affected.

CbB-outputs.jpg.befd8a0ee6995fab500fccf9ca3dec58.jpg

Sorry, I don't have a clue. I'm responding since your question has been here a while without receiving a response. Hopefully someone will be able to help you. I just tried to switch outputs around in the console view for my Focusrite 18i8 and I can't. I also can't drag the strips to rearrange them. I'm wondering if there's a way to switch them around in your interfaces control user interface. The one for my 18i8 is called MixControl.

Thanks. I figure no answer means just as you say, no clue.

I don't think this is physically possible. What goes on under the hood is sometimes a mystery. Probably a one time glitch forever stuck to this one project.

Edited by sjoens

I had something similar happening to me. I had 2 devices plugged in, one was an audio interface, the other an usb mic. In the project I created 2 separate monitoring busses using both devices as 2 separate output sources for me having slightly different headphone mix from the vocalist. All was done in Wasabi😋 driver mode. After the recordings were done I switched to ASIO and unplugged the usb mic. When working on the project at some point I tried to go back to the recording setup, plugging the mic back in and switching driver mode and noticed that both devices on these two monitoring busses simply swapped their places, LOL.

Must have happened when changing driver mode or plugging/unplugging one of the devices and saving project, going imperceptibly. It is a bit frustrating as it's one more thing to keep in the back of the head, in addition to a wealth of thing already there, that can possibly strike your back when working on anything more than a plain and simple project.