Lyrics view ??

mark skinner

Hello , does anyone know of (or have made) a tutorial on using the "lyrics view". I do know that this view gets Very little attention.  I would like to be able to add typed lyrics that scroll in time with the main vox track in a project. I've been thru a google search with no good results , and the CbB documentation . The PDF file got me somewhat in the right direction , but a hands on tutorial would be nice. I think this could be well suited for collaborations , or screen captured videos .   Thanks ..      mark

What do you want to know? I often insert lyrics and they seem to scroll in time to the song correctly.
I don't know where a tutorial might be, I just went by the Help files for SONAR Home Studio 6 many years ago and that worked.
Search forum member John Vere AKA Cactus Music; he wrote a bunch of tuts and maybe he has one for lyrics.

• Like 1

@57Gregy Thanks for that. I actually have home studio 7 installed , and will check there. I'll also check out @John Vere as well. @User 905133 Yeah .. I caught those during my searches. They helped , but I still have questions. According to the CbB documentation  ,  the timing of the typed lyrics are driven by midi. I was thinking I could drag the vocal track (in the correct sections) into a midi track ,  and use the lyrics view from "there" for the timing ??  These are the type of things I am questioning ..   I would prefer Not to use the staff view. It seems the Lyrics view has a Way better font size for easy viewing.   This might be a Decent tutorial for someone to make to get out of the box . It seems a lot of Great  "You Tube Tutorial Creators" seem to be competing for the same technical subject matter ,  and None that I have found have covered this ..             Thanks     mark 

Edited by mark skinner

2 hours ago, mark skinner said:

I would prefer Not to use the staff view.

That could be a problem. I have always 'played' in the MIDI melody and then typed the lyrics. I have read here that you can drag an audio track into either Melodyne or into the timeline? and extract MIDI from that. No experience.
Once the lyrics are in the Staff View, you can open them in the Lyrics View. In SHS 6, anyway.

• Like 1

I actually have never made a video about lyric views as I found it to be sort of a useless part of Cakewalk. But what I tried which did work is I used the arranger view. 

You can re name each part and I typed each line of the lyrics in the boxes. Works brilliantly. Obviously I don't use the arranger track for arranging. 

The other thing I did is I have made music videos of a bunch of my backing tracks. They are basically my own home made Kareoke  So I dropped that into the original project and if you set the zoom level just so that worked as well. 

• Like 1