Solo Vocal instruments for Male/Female ( not a deal )

aidan o driscoll

2 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

I think I will look into this, I hope it will be useful sketching out vocal parts as guide for a singer.  One singer I work with just needs a lead sheet to pretty much nail the vocal but the other needs a lot more guidance. 

Synth V will be perfect for that without too much effort at all. The only reason to spend the extra time is if you are trying to get the kind of realistic performance that fools even real singers, like myself.

Edited by Patrick Derbidge

2 hours ago, antler said:

I agree. Having a virtual singer sing exactly what you type in is really quite incredible.

I wonder how that's going to work. Right now, we associate a voice with a certain artist. When different artists start sound the same (because they use the same SynthV [or alternative technology] voice), it's going to be quite strange; I suppose it's no different from artist, featuring vocal artist though.

I also get the feeling that it's going to lead to online debates about real vs. sampled/modelled, like the discussions that already exist about real vs sampled instruments.😒

Your question is a good one. It depends on what part of the industry we are talking about. If we are talking about background music for sync licensing, then it will be up to those curators to decide if they care that the voice is real or not. Otherwise, there is no reason not to use a SynthV voice if it is up to par. For bands and singer/songwriters and other music artists, it's a different story. Even if you write great music with a real voice, that's only maybe 30% of the puzzle. The other 80% is branding and story telling. I'd prefer it to be about the music, but it's not. The mainstream audiences are looking for a social media presence and a personality that they connect with. This is where trying to use Ai voices will struggle, unless you can create a compelling story around your brand that connects with your audience and convince them that using the Ai voice is necessary. Did I say that writing good songs wasn't enough?(: I look at SynthV as a tool for helping me get other singers interested in the composition in order to collaborate with them. Unfortunately, most people, even musicians, just can't envision what you envision without a near finished draft of the song.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Patrick Derbidge said:

This is where trying to use Ai voices will struggle, unless you can create a compelling story around your brand that connects with your audience and convince them that using the Ai voice is necessary.

Yes, I agree. I've come to understand that products - not just music - only really sell with a story; this made me realise why all of these products have a my story section where it describes how someone first come up with an idea and then did whatever it is they did: stories sell products because we as people relate with stories.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Grem said:

LOL!! 

I never thought of doing that!!

It has to be said that though she might look very pretty and delicate and have the voice of an angel, it turns out that Solaria really has quite the mouth on her.😲

• Haha 2