strange problem using L key with Loops

Jordi

Hi, I have a strange problem in my laptop Toshiba, when i play a project with some bars in loop, for example; 1 or 2 bars, then i press the key L to enable or disable the loop function while playing the project, cakewalk do a small jump or a small stop, then follow playing.

This laptop have Windows 11 pro, Intel I7 16Gb Ram SSD disk. is a very good pc.

When i try the same in other laptop with Windows 10, a Lenovo i5 8Gb ram magnetic HD , I dont' have problems pressing key L while the project is playing, don't stop and don't jump.

Of course  in my desktop I7 32gb ram SSD, in Windows 10 all works fine, i can press the key L without problems.

If I want to use my Toshiba laptop in concerts playing the band together with he computer i can,t use the key L to disable the loop because the clock jump.

Is possible the problem Is it related to Windows 11? or maybe  to my Toshiba? I was work in the pass with old Toshiba laptop without problems.

Thanks in advance and regards.

Disable "Set Now Time with Full Restart" under Track View Options.

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Views.03.html

"Set Now Time with Full Restart. When you change the Now Time during playback, the Transport comes to a full stop, and then restarts playback. This stops the sound for a brief moment, but makes synchronization (especially with video) more robust."

It's not mentioned, but toggling Looping also forces a restart when this option is enabled.

Edited by David Baay
  • Great Idea 1