Talk about a rabbit hole

Bapu

Celestion 12" speakers.

I bought a second Vox AC30 (a CC2 this time). It has original Vox speakers (made by Wharfdale) and it was suggested I put Celestion Blue's in it. $320 each. That's more than I paid for the amp. I've yet to crank it up and compare it to my AC30C2 that came with Celestion Greenback's ($149 each).

On top of that the Blue's are 15W speakers and the Green's are 25W speakers. For a 30W amp it seems like the Blue's may not be up to the amps output. Am I missing something?

Edited by Bapu

Rabbits dig holes to protect themselves from predators, such as shelter from bad weather, and to feel safe and secure. Rabbits are extremely resilient animals and dig holes to guard their food or other resources for predators.

The holes that rabbits dig are different places where they are born and raise their young so that they do not threaten and meet other members of the colony when they are present.

This is because rabbits dig their burrows near food sources. It is close enough to their burrows to quickly retreat home for safety when needed. Rabbits do not usually eat outside this selected area, as a nearby hole usually ensures their survival.

How Deep Rabbits Burrow Underground? 

The average rabbit hole is between one and two feet deep, but in some cases, the holes can be up to 15 feet deep. However, many factors can contribute to the overall depth of a rabbit hole including the surrounding area, soil type, and the number of rabbits living there.
Rabbit pits or warrens can be found in a variety of places, including:

The forest

Small wood

Deserts

Regions

Grass

Because resources vary greatly between these areas, as well as the depth of holes dug for rabbits there.
For example, if a rabbit comes from a forest where the soil is not easily packed, it can often form large channels that are especially useful for warren, which inhabits many members. Conversely, if a rabbit digs a hole in the muddy soil that you may find in grassy areas or near water sources, then the hole or warren will usually not be small and very difficult.
Of course, with more colonial rabbits, more space is needed for warren, and when you dig deeper you will have to dig in to make them all secure. Therefore, the size of the colony is also important.

Do Wild Rabbits Live Underground in Burrow?

Many wild rabbits live underground in holes or crevices. Pits are the most efficient underground shelters that ensure the safety and survival of rabbits. Although the depth and length of the rabbit hole will vary, the holes will usually be 1-2 feet underground so that rabbits can quickly hide and escape predators.

Burrowing Exception of the Cottontail Rabbit

Cottontail Rabbit is the only species of rabbit that does not crawl underground to make a hole or a warren. Instead, they followed the rabbit’s example and built shallow, shallow shelters known as forms.
These forms are usually made under a brush or other leaves to cover and fill with lumps of wool, straw, or other soft material that Cottontail can find. Sometimes, those rabbits will opt for an old woodchuck or gopher holes instead of creating their form.

This practice is more common in Cottontails colonies that require more warren areas than a small shelter for themselves.

Do rabbits burrow underground?

Considering wild rabbits naturally dig holes to build their natural habitats. Domesticated rabbit owners may wonder do their rabbits burrow underground?.
Like wild rabbits, domesticated rabbits automatically dig holes. Digging gives pet rabbits exercise which provides mental stimulation. It helps rabbits feel safe and secure. While many owners allow their rabbits to dig holes in the yard, a digging box is a great way to let your pet dig into their house.
Well, some rabbits dig to enjoy the pure, and it’s okay to let them dig the way they like.

Conclusion

If the rabbit does not need food or mating, it often digs many underground tunnels to find a hole or warren where it can sleep, raise its young, and hide peacefully. So, the next time you look for a rabbit that is sleeping in the wild, you will want to turn your eyes to the ground and look at its open underground habitat.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, paulo said:

Rabbits dig holes to protect themselves from predators, such as shelter from bad weather, and to feel safe and secure. Rabbits are extremely resilient animals and dig holes to guard their food or other resources for predators.

The holes that rabbits dig are different places where they are born and raise their young so that they do not threaten and meet other members of the colony when they are present.

This is because rabbits dig their burrows near food sources. It is close enough to their burrows to quickly retreat home for safety when needed. Rabbits do not usually eat outside this selected area, as a nearby hole usually ensures their survival.

How Deep Rabbits Burrow Underground? 

The average rabbit hole is between one and two feet deep, but in some cases, the holes can be up to 15 feet deep. However, many factors can contribute to the overall depth of a rabbit hole including the surrounding area, soil type, and the number of rabbits living there.
Rabbit pits or warrens can be found in a variety of places, including:

The forest

Small wood

Deserts

Regions

Grass

Because resources vary greatly between these areas, as well as the depth of holes dug for rabbits there.
For example, if a rabbit comes from a forest where the soil is not easily packed, it can often form large channels that are especially useful for warren, which inhabits many members. Conversely, if a rabbit digs a hole in the muddy soil that you may find in grassy areas or near water sources, then the hole or warren will usually not be small and very difficult.
Of course, with more colonial rabbits, more space is needed for warren, and when you dig deeper you will have to dig in to make them all secure. Therefore, the size of the colony is also important.

Do Wild Rabbits Live Underground in Burrow?

Many wild rabbits live underground in holes or crevices. Pits are the most efficient underground shelters that ensure the safety and survival of rabbits. Although the depth and length of the rabbit hole will vary, the holes will usually be 1-2 feet underground so that rabbits can quickly hide and escape predators.

Burrowing Exception of the Cottontail Rabbit

Cottontail Rabbit is the only species of rabbit that does not crawl underground to make a hole or a warren. Instead, they followed the rabbit’s example and built shallow, shallow shelters known as forms.
These forms are usually made under a brush or other leaves to cover and fill with lumps of wool, straw, or other soft material that Cottontail can find. Sometimes, those rabbits will opt for an old woodchuck or gopher holes instead of creating their form.

This practice is more common in Cottontails colonies that require more warren areas than a small shelter for themselves.

Do rabbits burrow underground?

Considering wild rabbits naturally dig holes to build their natural habitats. Domesticated rabbit owners may wonder do their rabbits burrow underground?.
Like wild rabbits, domesticated rabbits automatically dig holes. Digging gives pet rabbits exercise which provides mental stimulation. It helps rabbits feel safe and secure. While many owners allow their rabbits to dig holes in the yard, a digging box is a great way to let your pet dig into their house.
Well, some rabbits dig to enjoy the pure, and it’s okay to let them dig the way they like.

Conclusion

If the rabbit does not need food or mating, it often digs many underground tunnels to find a hole or warren where it can sleep, raise its young, and hide peacefully. So, the next time you look for a rabbit that is sleeping in the wild, you will want to turn your eyes to the ground and look at its open underground habitat.

That explains why two 15W Celestion Blues will or will not work in a Vox AC30. Now I just need to put that to practical use.

11 hours ago, Bapu said:

On top of that the Blue's are 15W speakers and the Green's are 25W speakers. For a 30W amp it seems like the Blue's may not be up to the amps output. Am I missing something?

A: The old Celestions are rated lower than what they actually can handle, I ran a very loud 100W(clean, i.e. a lot more when overdriven) Super Lead through 4 Greenbacks for about 10 years. Man I miss that setup!(My back doesn't though😄)

B: The AC30 C2X comes with 2 Celestion Blues in it, like the classic old amps, so I don´t see why swapping the Greenbacks for Blues would cause any problems other than the speakers being 3dB more efficient & thus louder. Also Fender made(makes?) a Deluxe Reverb (about 20W) with a Blue in it.

I’d go with the “Heritage” myself. I have a “Tall Vintage” cab loaded with G-Backs; sounds great. I have a regular 1960A loaded with the Heritage’s. The problem there is do you buy the 50hz or 75hz roll off ones. ( The good news is you can buy full compliments of both and mix/match to find the “best” set)

Isn’t GAS great?

t

5 hours ago, Per Westin said:

so I don´t see why swapping the Greenbacks for Blues would cause any problems other than the speakers being 3dB more efficient & thus louder. 

Maybe I wasn't clear. I was considering/exploring swapping the Wharfdales for Blues in the AC30CC2. I like the Greeenbacks in my AC30C2.