VSL - Small Percussion for free

Frank

Small Percussion

This free collection includes percussion instruments that are small enough to be held and played with ease, but they pack a powerful punch in terms of the rhythm and sound. Their versatility and unique timbres add texture and rhythm to a wide range of musical styles, from world and folk music to jazz and orchestral arrangements, and electronic music.

The following instruments are laid out over seven octaves of the keyboard:

Boobams
Tambourine
Woodblocks
CastanetsClaves
Caxixi
Shaker

https://www.vsl.co.at/en/Small_Percussion

• Like 8
  • Thanks 8

The VSL freebies are really, really good. Thanks for the post, @FrankTo be candid, I actually forgot how to download and install VSL libraries at first. For anyone else in the same boat, fire up Vienna Assistant to find and download the new library. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

The VSL freebies are really, really good. Thanks for the post, @FrankTo be candid, I actually forgot how to download and install VSL libraries at first. For anyone else in the same boat, fire up Vienna Assistant to find and download the new library. 

It‘s much easier as it was before.

6 hours ago, henkejs said:

I've never investigated the VSL products. Do you need a for-pay player to use these instruments?

The players are free/downloadable with the products you get that use them. I find the old "VI" player pretty fiddly, but the Synchron player and Synchron piano player are about the best hosts I've come across. Really powerful and fairly intuitive. They even look nice!

I've become a bit of a VSL fanboy in the last 3 years or so, especially for pianos. Their jazz drums and upright bass sound brilliant too...I just wish they'd port them to the Synchron player because I can't usually be bothered to use them because of the old interface.