Midi patchbay

kzmaier

Hi,

I'm trying to get motivated to build a midi patch bay using 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo jacks as patching cables.  The actual in/out midi connections would be standard 5 pin female midi connectors.  My understanding is, I only need 3 signals from the midi 5 pin conn.  I couldn't find a device like this on the interweb.  Has anyone else done something like this?  With the 1/8" stereo connectors one could always connect in other equipment as long as I follow the A or B 1/8" midi cable standard.

Edited by kzmaier

9 hours ago, kzmaier said:

I'm trying to get motivated to build a midi patch bay using 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo jacks as patching cables.  The actual in/out midi connections would be standard 5 pin female midi connectors.  My understanding is, I only need 3 signals from the midi 5 pin conn.  I couldn't find a device like this on the interweb.  Has anyone else done something like this?  With the 1/8" stereo connectors one could always connect in other equipment as long as I follow the A or B 1/8" midi cable standard.

Thoughts...

My thought (which I've used many times before) is to do a Google search, see what a whole bunch of others say, and then combine them to make what they say my own.  I just searched "midi 5 pin din wiring" and found a number of hits that look worthwhile.