MTurboAmp for $16.80

ralfrobert

1 hour ago, Marc Cormier said:

Bapu?

59 minutes ago, Grem said:

Not sure if he consumes... I mean installs Melda plugins. 

48 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

He does as he mentioned the temptation of the upgrade price recenlty to get the ALL bundle.  

Yes, he does. See post above this one.

47 minutes ago, Chris Yuzik said:

I swear I read somewhere that to really use MTurboAmp you also need MCabinet, which is currently $72 on Melda.

Can anyone weigh in on this?

You can use any IR loader and cabinet IRs.  I actually use the free MConvolutionEZ (part of MFreeFXBundle) with MTurboAmp.  You can find free IRs out there.

https://www.google.com/search?q=free+cabinet+irs

Edited by ALC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris Yuzik said:

I swear I read somewhere that to really use MTurboAmp you also need MCabinet, which is currently $72 on Melda.

Can anyone weigh in on this?

See below (but the main thing is yes, you do need an IR loader option in the singal chain after MTurboAmp but doesn't need to be MCabinet specifically)

35 minutes ago, ALC said:

You can use any IR loader and cabinet IRs.  I actually use the free MConvolutionEZ (part of MFreeFXBundle) with MTurboAmp.  You can find free IRs out there.

https://www.google.com/search?q=free+cabinet+irs

This.  

MCabinet is cool and has some sophisticaed IR options.  But the free MConvolutionEZ is great as long as you have a few nice Guitar Cab IRs.  Built in on that front is a bit limited - but works great with free or paid ones.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting my videos. MTA can be used with any IR loader, so you don't need MCabinet. MConvolutionEZ is free and it will let you load any IR you want. MCab is easier to use right off the bat though and deeper(if you want to get into that). 

Anyway, I've been thinking of making a few more amps. Is there anything you think MTA needs more of? More clean amps? more high gain? More distortion pedals? 

• Like 1