Waves Buy One Get 2 FREE

cclarry

Could someone explain to me how WUP works? If I understand correctly, it's conceptually a 'subscription' allowing you to update every plugin you have to the latest version. Is this for minor releases (e.g. 9.0 to 9.1), or just for major releases (e.g. 9.0 to 10.0)? Does Waves release a new version of every plugin every year?

15 minutes ago, antler said:

Could someone explain to me how WUP works? If I understand correctly, it's conceptually a 'subscription' allowing you to update every plugin you have to the latest version. Is this for minor releases (e.g. 9.0 to 9.1), or just for major releases (e.g. 9.0 to 10.0)? Does Waves release a new version of every plugin every year?

WUP is primarily for Major updates, and it's basically "up to date insurance" that you pay for, rather than
paying an "upgrade price".  There are ways to "beat the system and get 2 years for the price
of one", which I've outlined before here in the forum previously.  And Waves doesn't really do a "yearly update".  They
update when it's called for by OS changes primarily.  For example, recently they went for V9 to V10, and, if you didn't 
have WUP, you don't get that update to V10, but your V9 plugins WILL continue to work, so it's not necessary
to update until you have issues with the plugins "not working" and actually have to update.

8 hours ago, cclarry said:

For example, recently they went for V9 to V10, and, if you didn't 
have WUP, you don't get that update to V10, but your V9 plugins WILL continue to work, so it's not necessary
to update until you have issues with the plugins "not working" and actually have to update.

Supposed to, but I spent quite a few hours installing, uninstalling, running the pertinent software 'fixer' provided by waves, etc, trying to have a V9 plungin coexist with V10 plugins.  I gave up and wrote off the V9 plugin which wasn't all that important anyway.  I'm picking up what I can as long as V10 is current, then I'll stop buying anything from waves.

Wait a minute, is there a problem now to make V9 and V10 installed together on the system? Asking cause I'm just about to install all my software on a new OS from scratch and would most likely wish to avoid the 'surprises'. Before I had only V9, now I have bought few new V10 plugins and for the first time will try to install both together on same system, any suggestions appreciated. Thx.

9 hours ago, chris.r said:

Wait a minute, is there a problem now to make V9 and V10 installed together on the system? Asking cause I'm just about to install all my software on a new OS from scratch and would most likely wish to avoid the 'surprises'. Before I had only V9, now I have bought few new V10 plugins and for the first time will try to install both together on same system, any suggestions appreciated. Thx.

I'm in the same boat with a mix of v9-10 plugins and had nothing but headaches when Waves first "updated" to v10. It seems they have mostly worked it out now and my mixed versions are happily residing side by side.  Also, I've never "WUPped".

Edited by mibby
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Grem said:

Keep this in mind, Abbey Road is not a bundle, it's a collection. And the only way to collect another AR plugin, even if you already own the AR Collection, is to buy it!! : )

Unless you forgot to register the Collection like me. Bought it from Koby @EveryPlugin with 8 plugins included, then AR Chambers and the TG Mastering Chain were added before I went ahead with the registration. Sometimes being lazy works out just fine. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Fleer said:

then AR Chambers and the TG Mastering Chain were added before I went ahead with the registration.

Damn!! That was really really sweet deal!! One of them  "I came out on top!" deals!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grem said:

Keep this in mind, Abbey Road is not a bundle, it's a collection. And the only way to collect another AR plugin, even if you already own the AR Collection, is to buy it!! : )

True but there is usually a discount for collection owners.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

Deal has been extended...

Very happy with this one. Always wanted to get the Omni Channel and Cakies told me to get Particles too, as well as Scheps 73. Thanks for the advice, guys. And thanks Koby @Everyplugin.com for his legendary service. 

• Like 1