Hi everyone:
I like being able to put copy, paste and the like in the favorites, so to speak, in the workspace.

But is there a way to do this with "split" clips?  

Now I right click on the clip and find split clips.  It would save one step if it can be put in the workspace.  (Maybe it is there, and I missed it!)

Thanks!

Addendum:  Solved!  If one right clicks on one of the choices of the custom module (mine has 9 blocks), then there is a choice for "command" options, and way, way, way down that list is "split clips!"  Thanks!

Prior post:

Thank you for writing. The workspace is the place on top normally, with all the modules that you want to show.  There is a "custom" module that allows certain things to be clicked on quickly - it is editable as to which items, but I do not think "split" is one of the items, unless I am missing something.  I use the custom module with the mouse, as I do most of my work with a mouse as opposed to the keyboard.

Your link refers to this custom module - but I am not seeing the option for "split" to be one of the nine options there.

Edited by Alan Bachman

10 minutes ago, Alan Bachman said:

The workspace is the place on top normally, with all the modules that you want to show.

The documentation refers to this area as the Control Bar.

For most users Workspace refers to this feature.

The Custom Module may be modified to bind the buttons to menu options and commands. There are a couple split commands in the Track View keyboard bindings available.

• Thanks 1

I see where it is called the control bar.  That would have been a better term for the title of this thread.  But it is part of the workspace when it comes to "saving" the workspace.  So I think it is part of the workspace at least when it comes to saving it.

Is there a separate "save" for the control bar?

Edited by Alan Bachman

The registry stores information about what to display in the control bar. 

This is updated during normal shutdown but may be skipped based on the workspace configuration.

AFAIK, this is the only way the DAW updates the control bar info in the registry,

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scook said:

The registry stores information about what to display in the control bar. 

This is updated during normal shutdown but may be skipped based on the workspace configuration.

AFAIK, this is the only way the DAW updates the control bar info in the registry,

For some reason mine did not save my changes to the control bar but it did when I clicked on saving the workspace.   Not sure why.  Thanks!