Please bandlab add a sampler in cakewalk

jalajvns230

7 hours ago, Promidi said:

Use a VST for that.  There are plenty to choose from.

While that statement is true, it is also true that this has probably been the most requested feature for a long time (as murat's long list of previous threads suggests).

"Use a (3rd-party) VST" is a workaround, not a solution. There are multiple advantages to having an integrated sampler. Mixcraft got two of them (one a pad type and the other a mapped keyboard type) many years ago and at first I thought "meh." Then I put together an '80's Ministry/Lard type piece with newscast samples, and WHOA, the usefulness of this thing became very apparent.

Things like being able to right click on a clip and "Send to Sampler," they don't seem that big a deal until you get comfy with them. There's also the important matter of the DAW keeping track of the audio files. Also a sampler that everyone has, so we have the benefit of mutual help on the forums, YouTube and wherever else Cakewalk users trade tips.

• Like 1

Yes, I shared links because I wanted to point out that it's one of the most anticipated features.

Once it's implemented, I think it will be a big step forward among the other DAWs.

And I also remind you that BandLab has a huge sample library but it's not directly usable in the Cakewalk. 

So when they implement the Built-in Sampler, making it available with the BandLab Online Sample Service will be also a great approach.

• Great Idea 1

11 hours ago, Promidi said:

Use a VST for that.  There are plenty to choose from.

I'm sure that everyone knows about it so it's funny that you think it wasn't thought.

2 hours ago, Promidi said:

Well, while you folks wait and wait for the Bakers to add a built in sampler to Cakewalk, I will opt to use a VST for that......

No. You will not opt to use a VST for that because it is not an option. You have to. But after the implementation, yes you can opt to use a VST for that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Promidi said:

Well, while you folks wait and wait for the Bakers to add a built in sampler to Cakewalk, I will opt to use a VST for that......

It was a feature request, not a request for a workaround. Posted in the forum area where we make feature requests.

Nobody said that they were going to forego using samplers until BandLab hands us one. We're going to continue to use the same 3rd-party solutions (Sitala, TX16W) that we've been using. I'd use a sampler more often if there were a native one, but when I want to use a sampler, I use a sampler.

11 hours ago, murat k. said:

BandLab has a huge sample library but it's not directly usable in the Cakewalk. 

So when they implement the Built-in Sampler, making it available with the BandLab Online Sample Service will be also a great approach.

Whoa. This is an idea that hadn't occurred to me. An excellent idea, an essential feature, and one that I doubt that the other DAW's have. At least not all of them. I think that the BandLab collection of samples and loops is a feature that's neglected by most Cakewalk users.

3 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:
13 hours ago, Promidi said:

It was a feature request, not a request for a workaround. Posted in the forum area where we make feature requests.

Nobody said that they were going to forego using samplers until BandLab hands us one. We're going to continue to use the same 3rd-party solutions (Sitala, TX16W) that we've been using. I'd use a sampler more often if there were a native one, but when I want to use a sampler, I use a sampler.

The OP is a feature request moved from Q&A area of this forum.

It is perfectly appropriate to post suggested solutions to feature requests.

These solutions may involve third party products and may not exactly fulfill the OP desires but may provide an acceptable result until such time as the developers materialize the request.

There is a wide range of experience/knowledge shown by users on this forum and making assumptions about what others know may not be wise.

Maybe someone would like to dig up the FRs about bundled plug-in UI updates. 

There is little reason to risk re-skinning existing plug-ins, but rest assured this too has been requested over the decades.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, scook said:

It is perfectly appropriate to post suggested solutions to feature requests.

No. When someone requests for a "built-in sampler "and you came up with "use a plug-in sampler" this is the most inappropriate thing to do in a feature request topic.

Also when the word "built-in" is used in front of the word "sampler", means there is also a "plug-in" version of it. So there is no need to be a wise person to get it.

Instead of advising by considering that the person who asks for something doesn't know anything, reading the OP carefully and comprehending the situation of the asker and the asked thing, then keeping things in a concept will help you to help people better.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, murat k. said:

No. When someone requests for a "built-in sampler "and you came up with "use a plug-in sampler" this is the most inappropriate thing to do in a feature request topic.

Also when the word "built-in" is used in front of the word "sampler", means there is also a "plug-in" version of it. So there is no need to be a wise person to get it.

Instead of advising by considering that the person who asks for something doesn't know anything, reading the OP carefully and comprehending the situation of the asker and the asked thing, then keeping things in a concept will help you to help people better.

There is nothing in the OP about implementation details, just a request that the DAW include a sampler.

You elected to read more into the OP (and my post for that matter) than is there.

Can you please point to where I offered ANY solution to the OP in this thread?

2 minutes ago, scook said:

There is nothing in the OP about implementation details, just a request that the DAW include a sampler.

You elected to read more into the OP (and my post for that matter) than is there.

Can you please point to where I offered ANY solution to the OP in this thread?

Yeah you are right about that. But he used "plugin" word for other stuff. So you can get it from there.

Also VST advice came after my post which made the request obvious.

And this is a general advice for forum users:

33 minutes ago, murat k. said:

4 Years on from my well reasoned request for an integrated sampler , and we don't have one yet Bandlab App does.

You are risking losing those App users that want an upgrade path, I've said it many times that certain modern music genres are built around sample use and Cakewalk doesn't really cater for those users. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

4 Years on from my well reasoned request for an integrated sampler , and we don't have one yet Bandlab App does.

You are risking losing those App users that want an upgrade path, I've said it many times that certain modern music genres are built around sample use and Cakewalk doesn't really cater for those users. 

Cakewalk is getting better with every update. There are couple of major things left to implement. Integrated Sampler is one of them. Talking about it without knowing it's development situation is not helping, so we need a declaration from the Bakers.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, murat k. said:

Cakewalk is getting better with every update. There are couple of major things left to implement. Integrated Sampler is one of them. Talking about it without knowing it's development situation is not helping, so we need a declaration from the Bakers.

I think having a built-in sampler would be a good idea.   Was always hoping RapturePro would of been updated and added for this purpose.