AAS releases Asymmetric sound pack for String Studio VS-3

fret_man

I have String Studio VS-2 which I like.
It doesn't work with the latest packs but it's not tempting me to upgrade.
Of course they work with the free Player but you lose most of the control then.
Keep an eye out for VS-2 as it's often about $20 which is what I paid.
Will lack some features such as native M1 support etc.

17 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

And I believe that for the first time, A|A|S' installer is allowing the choice of exactly which formats to install, good news for those of us who are weary of purging our systems of AAX.

But for that reason A|A|S-wipe has always been a good solution! 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Technostica said:

I have String Studio VS-2 which I like.
It doesn't work with the latest packs but it's not tempting me to upgrade.

Playing around with the String Studio VS-3 demo, which I already have a few sound packs for. It's on sale at AAS for $99 right now, and it's tempting even though I already have Chromaphone 3 and Ultra Analog VA-3...

Edit: Uh-oh, String Studio VS-3 is $81 at Thomann, $82.00 at Best Service, $83.16 at JRR with code "GROUP", $88.98 at Audio Deluxe with code "JAN2023" applied in cart, and $89.88 at PluginBoutique.

I have $2.28 in BestCoin making it $79.72 for me at Best Service... 🤪

https://musicsoftwaredeals.com/price-history/aas-string-studio-vs-3-by-applied-acoustics-systems/

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

Installed! Got the Asymmetric sound pack for free! :)

It was included with the purchase String Studio VS-3, which I picked up at Best Service. Apparently an AAS promotion for this month only!

"SPECIAL OFFER! Get String Studio VS-3 for 50% off. Asymmetric - Sound Pack is included with every purchase only through February 28, 2023."

https://www.ilio.com/string-studio-3

Factoid: Asymmetric was created by the same sound designer that made Analog Orchestra for Ultra Analog VA-3.

• Cipryan Bot is a Romanian music producer who collaborated with labels such as Armada Music, Magic Island, and Solaris Recordings for original tracks and remixes. His main background is electronic and telecommunications engineering but his attraction for music and designing real-like and electronic sounds transformed his hobby into a passion.
Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

That's a nice-sounding demo. I will put Asymmetric on my want list.

One thing I like about it is that it doesn't include the usual dozen or more drum kit sounds that I'll never use.

Which brings me to: why doesn't A|A|S, with their amazing acoustic modeling engine, have a drum machine? I would TOTALLY use their drum kit sounds in that context.

When they come in the soundpacks, it seems too computationally expensive to stick an instance of Player on its own track just to get a snare sound. I suppose I could sample them and build a kit that way, but that seems like a lot of trouble to go to.

A velocity sensitive drum machine built around the A|A|S modeling engine, that is something that would definitely interest me. Still haven't found my perfect virtual drum machine.

Or just pop in an instance of Drumsynth 500. It is an 8 channel MIDI drum synth plugin:

Kick & Snare use analog synth oscillators, Clap & Hats use analog noise oscillators, Toms & Percussion use FM synth operators, and there are 2 sampler slots open for your samples.

Drumsynth 500.PNG

Edited by abacab