8dio Century Ostinato Strings $25 + Ostinato Strings chapter 2 - $25 - only $10 for one with code

Kreveta Puket

Century Ostinato Strings $25

https://8dio.com/products/century-ostinato-strings

Ostinato Strings Chapter II - $25

https://8dio.com/products/century-advanced-ostinato-strings-ii-2?variant=41310158913736

Kontakt 5.8.1 Full Retail (or later) Required

For first time purchase or new accounts use code - PM for code to - $15USD Off - min spend before voucher $20 - and prize will be only $10 for one of these

Edited by Kreveta Puket
  • Like 1

On 1/31/2023 at 5:57 PM, husker said:

$25.  Wow.   Trying to make up for that beating they took over at VI!

Not really.  Some of their Xmas sales were great.  People at VI can be very cultic and a sense of mythical self righteousness.   I think it's a good deal and seems to have positive comments.    I will still buy 8dio stuff and anything C. Henson makes.  I will also buy Kirk Hunter libraries when the opportunity comes.

• Like 4

On 1/31/2023 at 6:57 PM, husker said:

$25.  Wow.   Trying to make up for that beating they took over at VI!

I have a connection to the Mario / Evil Dragon story.

I'm pretty sure that I was asked for advice on behalf of Mario more than a decade ago after he posted a comparison between the library Mario worked on for Impact Soundworks and 8Dio's library that resulted in Troels' PMing him, very upset, to urge him to take it down because, as a competitor it was unethical, and as Troels allegedly told him, libel. But that recent 8Dio takedown thread was the most vicious, dishonest and unethical thing I've ever seen a forum owner participate in in more than 20 years managing digital and social media.  It was started by a contractor who modified her/their 8Dio formerly 8Dio praising thread to trashing their libraries and attacking them after Troels/8Dio wouldn't pay her asking price of more $10,000 USD for her scripts for a long retired library currently selling for $8 USD. and instead proposed hiring her/them on an upcoming project (Sarah declined, feeling they didn't offer her what she's worth). Sarah has since, like Mario, gone on to work for 8Dio competitor Impact Soundworks, where there is a history of bad blood between the two companies as is now public knowledge. 

It wasn't just a vendetta thread for Mancuso, it was one for Mike Greene, VI Control's owner.  Just weeks prior to the thread, 8Dio, (Tawnia) tired to urge Greene that he was wrong to censor discussion of the recent Christian Henson / Spitfire controversy (Henson made an anti-trans tweet spreading some false info) by LGBTQ forum members. The thread Greene censored was actually was very civil and intelligent. I am a strong free speech believer and believe that regardless of whether you agree or disagree with my opinion, we all deserve the right to be heart (if we can express ourselves in a civil manner as people were doing). Tawnia/8Dio let Mike know that 8Dio was pulling their advertising specifically due to Mike's censorship. But developers that advertise on VI Control all know that Greene protects advertisers there, and Spitfire has been a major advertiser there. Greene has a long history of censoring posts that are harsh against VI Control advertisers -- I've even had Mike privately tell me that his forum is the wrong place to share a negative experience with one of his advertising developers. It is ironic that Mike teamed up with a trans woman to take down a former VI Control advertiser who pulled their advertising specifically due to their censorship of the LGBTQ community on behalf of a major VI Control advertiser (Spitfire). If you understand that dynamic going on in the background, you will better understand why Greene so actively egged the angry mob on. 8Dio was part of a group of developer advertisers who feel that Greene's actions in censoring community members on behalf of an advertiser isn't right, it's unethical. The thread got to the point where anyone even mildly questioning the torches and pitchfork mentality where anyone making a negative accusation was presented as an impeachable witness stating incontrovertible fact was beaten down, bullied by an angry mob that ironically claimed was morally outraged over bullying. 

The only story I don't have any insights on is the former 8Dio contractor (DJ?), but once again, hearing a collection of one-sided stories doesn't give us facts. And by the time Troels' posted -- and it was not a wise post, but that doesn't justify the bullying and mockery that followed, again, egged on by the forum owner. The angry mob was going to attack anything Troels posted, and they did. The professed anti-bullying group bullied him and Greene egged it on.  That thread was the last straw for me with VI Control. I actually unfriended Mike Greene on Facebook over it. Regardless of where anyone stands on the Henson/Spitfire situation -- and Greene professes to be pro LGBTQ and very liberal -- censoring community members only to protect an advertiser is not ethical. It's not a shock, but it's not ethical. But Mancuso's takedown vendetta thread -- which also served as Greene's takedown vendetta thread -- was a toxic mixture of dishonesty, exaggeration, bullying, a disregard for civility and truth, libel, hidden agendas and bad ethics that I'm not going to forget.  I do music for enjoyment. That thread reflects the bad ethics of VI Control's owner more than anything and using his forum to attack enemies.  It makes me grateful that the worst stuff we have here is pretty small by comparison. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

On 2/2/2023 at 10:26 PM, PavlovsCat said:

That thread was the last straw for me with VI Control. I actually unfriended Mike Greene on Facebook over it. Regardless of where anyone stands on the Henson/Spitfire situation -- and Greene professes to be pro LGBTQ and very liberal -- censoring community members only to protect an advertiser is not ethical. It's not a shock, but it's not ethical. But Mancuso's takedown vendetta thread -- which also served as Greene's takedown vendetta thread -- was a toxic mixture of dishonesty, exaggeration, bullying, a disregard for civility and truth, libel, hidden agendas and bad ethics that I'm not going to forget.  I do music for enjoyment. That thread reflects the bad ethics of VI Control's owner more than anything and using his forum to attack enemies.  It makes me grateful that the worst stuff we have here is pretty small by comparison. 

I’d been an active member on VI control for a couple of years and was amazed what I was reading in ths that read. Posts were being deleted very quickly… I posted in there that I was surprised the thread was still open and people had a choice whether  to engage with 8Dio products or not.

I was subsequently banned…without warning with a message written like a child.

“You have been banned for the following reason: I hate, hate, HATE when people bump a thread with "Is this thread still open?" posts. You do realize you don't HAVE to read or post..”

No rules where broken and yet I was banned on the owners whim…

30 minutes ago, Easyrider said:

I’d been an active member on VI control for a couple of years and was amazed what I was reading in ths that read. Posts were being deleted very quickly… I posted in there that I was surprised the thread was still open and people had a choice whether  to engage with 8Dio products or not.

“You have been banned for the following reason: I hate, hate, HATE when people bump a thread with "Is this thread still open?" posts. You do realize you don't HAVE to read or post..”

Wow... I'm guessing they wanted that thread to silently disappear? In any case, a ban is a pretty strong response :(

2 hours ago, antler said:

Wow... I'm guessing they wanted that thread to silently disappear? In any case, a ban is a pretty strong response :(

No, Mike Greene,  the owner, absolutely didn't want the thread to disappear, he was very actively participating in the thread attacking 8Dio and a poster whose post Greene kept only to use him as example that Greeene mocked, bullied and asserted was an 8Dio shill. If you made a post to attack 8Dio, Troels or Tawnia,  Greene kept it up. If you made a legitimate point counter to Greene's agenda, the post was deleted. He very quickly deleted posts of people objecting to the unfairness of what was going on -- presenting one-sided stories, each from people with very questionable backgrounds (they weren't disclosing they worked for a competitor -- and creating an angry mob that was completely disinterested in civility.  He manipulated the conversation; he stacked the deck. 

It's ironic that they painted themselves so self-righteously as defenders of truth and objectors to bullying when the mob bullied anyone who disagreed or asked questions and Greene deleted virtually every post who made a post calling that out, poking holes in stories or criticizing him for allowing that thread to go on and then making it even uglier with his posts. I was getting PMed by two developers aghast at Greene doing this, concerned what would happen if they pulled their advertising from VI Control. Might Greene allow and even egg on a vicious attack against them and their business like that one?  You could see posts people made objecting to the pitchforks and torches nature of the thread, objecting to the angry mob being egged on by the site owner, being very quickly deleted. I was chatting with two developers over the course of the thread and even made a series of posts where Mario and I had an intelligent dialogue.  I brought up facts about the situation and how people were deliberately withholding some critical facts in the stories being told; that the thread wasn't seeking truth, but seeking to merely destroy 8Dio/Troels/Tawnia, just weeks after they pulled their advertising from VI Control due to an objection to Greene's censoring LGBTQ community members from criticizing a VI Control advertiser. It was incredibly disingenuous,  with all of the main posters deliberately withholding very critical facts and Mike egging on a very hostile environment that wasn't looking for facts but to vilify 8Dio based on one sided, very spun stories. Mike deleted my three posts and PMed me that he didn't want side drama. I saw at least a dozen legitimate posts get deleted,  all having one thing in common, they objected to the narrative/bias/sidedness  of the thread. Greene himself posted that he deleted around 200 posts. It was, very much,  his personal vendetta thread at 8Dio for pulling their advertising from the site and potentially inspiring other advertisers to leave in protest for Greene censoring discussion of Spitfire's co founder's controversial sharing of anti-trans disinformation and his own negative views on trans people. I'm surprised Mike didn't ban me for criticizing him.  And, FTR, search my 8Dio/SoundPaint related posts here. I'm hardly what anyone would call a fanboy. In fact, I've been hyper critical. But that doesn't justify people being dishonest to attack the business and its owners or creating a hostile, toxic and bullying environment where people are encouraged to disparage, bully and libel 8Dio, Troels and Tawnia. That disgusts me. That thread wasn't seeking facts or a simple apology for alleged wrongs -- it was a vicious attack on a business and the individuals who run and own that business. It was a vendetta. 

Mike was very active in that VI-CONTROL vendetta thread, along with two Impact Soundworks contractors and the company's founder, which has a long history of unfriendly competition with 8Dio (I'm a customer of both companies, BTW). Although the OP withheld that information throughout the thread until Troels posted and brought it up -- and was then bullied by the angry mob. Mario was working for Impact Soundworks more than a decade ago when he made a post comparing / criticizing 8Dio's sample library ISW just created a competitor library -- it was, of course, pitching ISW's product as superior to 8Dio's and Troels became upset about it and apparently told Mario it was unethical for him to do a comparison thread considering that he was working for the competitor that made one of the libraries. And allegedly Troels told Mario that he could sue him for doing that (which is ridiculous, but Mario was worried about being sued). The original poster, who now works for ISW too, was furious that Troels rejected her pitch to buy her KONTAKT scripts for an old, retired 8Dio library that she made as a fan project and wanted more than $10,000 for. When Troels counteroffered that he couldn't justify her asking price and pitched her working on upcoming 8Dio libraries, Sarah was upset and thought they didn't offer her what she was worth and changed her thread from praising 8Dio and their sample libraries to attacking the company and making their libraries out to be hot garbage. The thread wasn't a quest for truth. It was a very deliberate effort to misrepresent stories in a very one sided manner, even excluding the fact that the OP works for an 8Dio competitor or Mike Greene disclosing what really happened with 8Dio just weeks before -- that they protested his censorship of an open discussion about his advertiser Spitfire and their co-founder Christian Henson.  Greene posted that he deleted around 200 posts -- and I saw a bunch of  them and one of the developers I was chatting with when the thread was active (a VI Control advertiser) saw a bunch of comments I didn't see, many that were civil and made good points. They all shared one element in common. They were critical of the one-sided attack and bullying nature of the thread. When people did voice disagreement or even question the one-sided nature of the thread, the crowd would bully them -- and in a couple of cases, Greene bullied a couple of people, quoting and mocking them.

I've been managing and writing about managing digital marketing and social media for decades and that was easily the ugliest, most unethical abuse of a "legitimate" forum I've ever seen by a forum owner.  Really disappointing. While every forum has bad actors -- as I would consider the person who started the thread -- it's a different story when one of the worst of the bad actors is the owner of the forum who runs the forum like an authoritarian and eggs on and engages in bullying of forum members. VI Control has the most toxic culture of any forum in this space, IMO. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Easyrider said:

Hey welcome here, one of my favorite members from VI Control,  

• Like 1

On 2/6/2023 at 4:52 AM, Easyrider said:

Thanks  friends for the warm welcome. 🥰

Welcome aboard.

I think you'll  find that this forum, while a smaller community, is a much more friendly and civil place than VI-CONTROL. The main moderator here, Wookiee, is very friendly and helpful. There's a zero percent chance of him lashing out or banning someone for a ridiculous reason. He's a regular community member, a volunteer, and a really kind and decent person who keeps everything running smoothly. You won't see shilling, personality cults and hanger ons, censorship related to advertising dollars and competitor resentment, vendetta threads filled with bullying and toxic culture dominating here like you do at VI-CONTROL. It's a very friendly,  helpful forum culture. Hans Zimmer may not be here, but many super helpful and friendly musicians are. That's why I am so fond of this forum. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1