Keystation 49es midi keyboard not working

Joe Burns

Hi, I've looked through the archives, checked YouTube, M-Audio website -- and no luck.

My Keystation 49es isn't working or only works intermittently. It looks like Cakewalk recognizes the device -- there are two check boxes under "devices" and "inputs" -- one labeled "Keystation 49es," the other labeled "MIDIIN2 (Keystation 49es)."

However, when I check the boxes, I'm getting an error message: "Midi Device Failure -- Reason as reported by Windows, There is not enough memory available." That seems pretty unlikely. I've also checked and used different USB inputs and cables.

I can play instruments on the piano roll etc. but even when it was working, I've never been able to use the Keystation 49es for Native Instrument products -- although this may be a separate issue.  

Thanks!

Z-Book17G3
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz   2.71 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
64-bit

Thanks. If it was a matter of being "compliant," I doubt there would be a problem, since the keyboard has worked in the very recent  past with the latest updates of Cakewalk, the newest interface drivers -- and nothing has changed with my hardware -- all of which is relatively new and otherwise functional.

Edited by Joe Burns

On 1/30/2023 at 4:18 PM, Joe Burns said:

Hi, I've looked through the archives, checked YouTube, M-Audio website -- and no luck.

My Keystation 49es isn't working or only works intermittently. It looks like Cakewalk recognizes the device -- there are two check boxes under "devices" and "inputs" -- one labeled "Keystation 49es," the other labeled "MIDIIN2 (Keystation 49es)."

However, when I check the boxes, I'm getting an error message: "Midi Device Failure -- Reason as reported by Windows, There is not enough memory available." That seems pretty unlikely. I've also checked and used different USB inputs and cables.

I can play instruments on the piano roll etc. but even when it was working, I've never been able to use the Keystation 49es for Native Instrument products -- although this may be a separate issue.  

Thanks!

Z-Book17G3
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz   2.71 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
64-bit

This error message is Window's cryptic way of telling you the device is open by another application.

Check Task Manager to see if any other programs are still running that may be stealing your MIDI device.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Different keystation question so hijacking this a bit.  Anyone know how to cancel transpose mode on a keystation 61?  I've tried Advanced button then "cancel" key which I think is supposed to do it, but will not go back to octave mode.