Freeze tracks causing short fade-in on clips

sean72

When freezing some guitar amp sims it has the effect of creating a very short soft audio fade in at the beginning of the Frozen bounced clip. Undoing the freeze gets rid of the fade in. I thought it might have been a gate so I turned the gate all the way off in the guitar amp sim but it didn't make any difference.

Does anyone else have this issue or is this my amp sim plugins acting up? I don't know if my machine will be able to handle having every single amp sim  unfrozen at final mixdown (there will be a lot of them) so I would like to do away with this error if possible.

Thank you,

Edited by sean72

I tried that but didn't work for me. Might habe to try adding more noise and cropping it out after freezing but that means always making noise with the instrument before the count starts. I wonder if Cakewalk is implementing some sort of gate? Like the feature that mutes portions of a clip when it detects noise below a certain threshold?  

Maybe that's something that can be toggled on or off when freezing tracks? It's a kind of a big problem. 

Edited by sean72

EDIT: thanks Kevin,

I thought that would have been the issue but apparently not, Remove silence is not checked on my freeze options so the gate would not even factor into it It's something else that's auto-gating the intros of my frozen tracks.  I tried playing with the gate settings just in case it was Auto engaging it and it doesn't make any difference. 

Edited by sean72

Yeah, CbB doesn't add any gating to freezes other than that, so I'd suggest it's something in your plugin.

Try checking Render in Realtime and see if that helps - some plugins don't keep up with faster than realtime renders.

If that doesn't work, try bouncing to a new track, and try both with and without Render in Realtime checked for the bounce. Another alternative would be to send the output of your track to a new Aux bus, and then record the bus, and then archive off the original track.

Edited by Lord Tim

Thanks Tim, I know that bouncing to tracks would be an option but it's obviously much less efficient and a lot more time consuming if you're working with large numbers of tracks. I'll try rendering one in real time to see if that eliminates it. It wouldn't be a practical solution as a regular practice to do it that way either but at least it will tell me if it's the Plug-In or not. 

I'll probably just end up doing what Odd Sox is doing and get a little bit of noise recorded prior to the start of the performance and then crop it to the starting point after freezing.