How can I save changes to Control Bar?

kentgunderson

I've loaded CBB on a new PC and configured the Control Bar as shown in the first screen shot, then right clicked and selected Lock Module Order:

Screenshot_20230129_052759.thumb.png.0569c129f7fa8314d13d26f4f8858907.png

Problem is that every time I close and relaunch CBB, the Control Bar defaults back to the original configuration as shown in the second screen shot:

Screenshot_20230129_052625.thumb.png.6bc67a9f77de555417a5390430d1d338.png

If I right click and select Options/Reset Control Bar, it changes to a third version as shown in this third screen shot (similar to the one I configured, but some modules are different):

image.thumb.png.9f31860ada91a04e33501f11ccbdf667.png

How can I save the one I configured so that it automatically loads whenever I launch CBB?

The middle screen grab shows you are using the Basic Workspace.  Assuming the other two are also using the Basic Workspace, I'd say that's the cause of the changes.

You could change the Workspace to "none" or to a different Workspace.  Or, you could make the changes you want and then resave the Workspace with a non-factory name, MyWorkspace, FullControlBar, 2023-01-29, etc.

Have you created custom Workspaces on another PC?  If so, you could locate them, copy them to a thumb drive, and put them on the new PC.  

There may be other solutions, too.  I am biased towards using custom Workspaces.

Edited by User 905133
fixed typos
  • Like 1

What I have done is save a template project as my default so when I open CbB my workspace is exactly how I want it (including the Control Bar).

Kind regards,

tecknot

P.S.  I set Workspaces to none.

Edited by tecknot
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, tecknot said:

What I have done is save a template project as my default so when I open CbB my workspace is exactly how I want it (including the Control Bar).

Kind regards,

tecknot

P.S.  I set Workspaces to none.

While that is a great suggestion, it does not help me with old projects (even ten years ago or more) that I open up.  Can the workspace be saved for them?

Dear Alan,

Try this trick...  Create your new template and go to the Media Browser then drag and drop your old project into the new template.  You can save it as a new project (new name) or over right the old project.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

tecknot

• Like 2