Mk3 25-Key vs cakewalk help

mertville

Question

Hello to all guys,

I am totally new to thi s launch key mini and musical softwares, sorry if i may ask many issues but thank you for answering them already.

Yesterdat i  had Novation Launchkey Mini Mk3 25-Key, one of my friend gives advise for me to use cakewalk. 

i had many tutorials about it since yesterday, but as you can see on preferences, i cant see any device so i am a kind a blocked for next step, as you can see on midi input, you can see my keyboard but i cant hear any sound or interaction on keyboard or software ..

btw yesterday i tried it on ableton and it worked

What i should do now? can anyone may assist me?,

thank you so much

resim.png.727ebcc9aa05d982506ad910f3dc8d6b.png

resim.png.b0a3a67337faa0d231bd9a041b0573f8.png
resim.png.49272963feebaa989d1e3fb4b2f0505a.png

5 answers to this question

Assuming you don't have a dedicated audio interface you should go to Audio > Driver Settings in Preferences and set the Driver Mode to WASAPI ('Exclusive' is best if you don't need to hear audio from your browser or other sources while working with CW). This will let CW use your onboard audio. If you've installed ASIO4All or Realtek ASIO, you should remove those as they are unlikely to work better than WASAPI if they can be made to work at all.

18 minutes ago, David Baay said:

Assuming you don't have a dedicated audio interface you should go to Audio > Driver Settings in Preferences and set the Driver Mode to WASAPI ('Exclusive' is best if you don't need to hear audio from your browser or other sources while working with CW). This will let CW use your onboard audio. If you've installed ASIO4All or Realtek ASIO, you should remove those as they are unlikely to work better than WASAPI if they can be made to work at all.

i have two of them which ones i may choose?

resim.png.6b78faa5f53928f822de630058c9007c.png

16 minutes ago, scook said:

The Novation Launchkey is not an audio device so it will never show up in the audio device preferences.

The audio preferences section is empty because no suitable audio driver was found for the driver mode currently selected.

i am pretty sure something is not right : )

resim.png.22d076426887bc0ed9d8a189cfda4c2c.png

30 minutes ago, mertville said:

i have two of them which ones i may choose?

resim.png.6b78faa5f53928f822de630058c9007c.png

Usually, this selection is helped along by the audio hardware being used. 

Choose what works for you and your hardware.

For hardware with a working ASIO driver this usually means using ASIO mode.

As mentioned above, if using the sound chip on the motherboard running Win10 and newer try the WASAPI modes (the RealTek ASIO driver is not suitable for DAW use).

WASAPI Exclusive may be set to a lower latency but cannot share the driver with other programs while the DAW is running.

WASAPI Shared has a fixed latency but may be shared with other programs while the DAW is running.