Cannot switch entrance layer off

max666_

Question

Hello there!

I just created a file consisting of 4 instrumental tracks. In 3 of these tracks I use instruments from cakewalk, on the 4th I use an instrument of komplete kontrol (native instruments). However, the entrance layer* symbol of the 4th is constantly switched on and it´s not possible to chance that by clicking on it. When I record a new track with a NI instrument, the 4th track will automatically change to the instrument of the new track, which I find very annoying. This does not occur, when I use a cakewalk instrument.

Does anyone have an idea how to switch off the entrance layer?

*I use the Germany version of cakewalk and am not completely sure, what the English term is. May be entry layer is how it is named in the English version.

I´m quite new to cakewalk and to this forum, as well. So if this topic has already been discussed, please send me the link.

Thank you very much in advance

Cheers

2 answers to this question

I believe we're talking about the Input Echo button. If you have Always Echo Current MIDI Track enabled in Preferences > MIDI > Playback and Recording, the currently focused track (track name highlighted) will always be echoing input from your keyboard as indicated by the 'A' (for Automatic) in the icon; you can force it to be always on, but you can only turn it off by changing focus to a different track.

The issue with NI is likely due to it being multitimbral and needing to have a specific Channel assigned to each instrument and track. See the documentation on Intrument Track per Audio Ouput:

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=NewFeatures.16.html#