Best Pitch Shifter

AB77

Hi everyone:

Anyone know the highest quality pitch shifting setting in Cakewalk?  For voices, violin and guitar.

I need to transpose these tracks down 3 steps.  (From Dm to Bm)  I do not care if it takes a long time to process as accuracy is more important!

Also, is there a better one that I should acquire as a plugin?

Thanks in advance!

if you have Melodyne installed you could try that to see how it works. i've done some instrument pitch changes on guitar and vocals. with care the change is transparent.  I have the studio edition so there are features in that version not necessarily available in less expensive ones. i also use it for MIDI extraction so i can replace instruments or vocals with instruments.

14 hours ago, Alan Bachman said:

Anyone know the highest quality pitch shifting setting in Cakewalk?  For voices, violin and guitar.

Pitch shifting highly depends on the source material!

• For a single voice vocal clip it is "Radius Solo Vocal" that gives the best results, i.e. it stays nearest to the original (you can see this if you zoom in extremely and compare it to the original).
  • For other melodic (single voice) instruments I would recommend "Radius Solo", because the other algorithms add some sort of hall/delay to the source.
  • For all multi-voice (polyphonic) clips (it does not depend on the instrument) it is better to use either "Radius Mix" or "Elastique Pro".

In other DAWs there is also the "Elastique Pro Soloist" algorithm that can be used for single voices, but regrettably this one is NOT available in Cakewalk. But I have to add that the high quality Radius algorithms are almost only available in Cakewalk! 👍

One thing to note is that you should always check the results thoroughly with solo listening, because there maybe artifacts (especially in vocal esses and such). You can either fix this with clip editing (sometimes it's only a little splike in the wave) or you can try another algorithm for the specific position.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1