Arrange Buses by Folder?

sean72

Is there a way to create bus folders amd send buses there? I have a pretty bottom heavy project with a lot of small parts to mix into larger parts and it would be easier to be able to mix with multiple buses for each section of the song. 

CbB doesn't support native bus folders, but you can get a similar result by clicking the folder to select all the tracks, then while holding down CTRL set the track output of one track to "New Aux Track".   You can then rename the aux track to the name of the folder.  You may also want to move the aux track to the top of the folder so it's easier to locate.

You just need to remember to change the output of any new tracks you add to the folder to the folder's aux track.

BusPerFolder.gif

57 minutes ago, sean72 said:

Is there a way to create bus folders amd send buses there? I have a pretty bottom heavy project with a lot of small parts to mix into larger parts and it would be easier to be able to mix with multiple buses for each section of the song. 

Hello. This is an old request from me and other users   who asked for the possibility of being able to use it in the Console VIEW environment so that the same folders from the tracks environment could be manipulated there and also in the BUS environment. We remain waiting for this to be implemented.

Heim, @Herbert Zio ? Great 2023 !

• Like 1

Thank you, I had thought about using folders in track view, in fact that's what I had always done in the past and grouped tracks together in the folder that needed to be bound together.

I thought maybe bus folders would have been added since Sonar 8.5 but I guess not. Hope they can add the option in the near future. 

On 1/28/2023 at 7:47 AM, Milton Sica said:

Hello. This is an old request from me and other users   who asked for the possibility of being able to use it in the Console VIEW environment so that the same folders from the tracks environment could be manipulated there and also in the BUS environment. We remain waiting for this to be implemented.

Heim, @Herbert Zio ? Great 2023 !

Yes, it would be very good if we could have this option in the Console View, I even created an image to better illustrate the idea, below is the topic.

SHOW/HIDE STRIPS AND GROUPS IN CONSOLE VIEW

@Milton Sica Excellent 2023!

• Like 2