Waves Kramer HLS Channel free

ralfrobert

16 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

No but with the next freebies from time to time you end up with 17 waveshell vsts

Speaking of Waveshells (albeit a bit reluctantly) I assume it’s ok to delete any Waveshells that no longer support the version of the plug-ins that you’re running?

45 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

Speaking of Waveshells (albeit a bit reluctantly) I assume it’s ok to delete any Waveshells that no longer support the version of the plug-ins that you’re running?

If you don't have WUP, I'd say any change has a risk factor.

I personally did the uninstall for all WAVES shells (in the command center application) and got rid of everything not v14 as I found I was willing to get rid of all waves plugins other than ClarityVx.  The others were simply a liablity and time waster on scans.  But I only took that risk knowing that CalarityVx was under support coverage and if the others stopped working I wouldn't flip out or even consider buying WUP to resolve it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LAGinz said:

At some point I got rid of everything except the Waveshells 12, 13, & 14, and all is well.

It looks like right now my Waves plugins are all either 12 or 14, so I probably could delete 13. But don't wanna push my luck! 🙄

14 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

This is a great saturation plug-in! It is in my master template. And has been there for several years.. Don’t get wuped out of. getting a great plug-in free. I just watched this used by one of the major pros last night. This and pie are not replaceable by any plugins that sound similar. 

How do you reckon?

I will probably figure it out once I install it.

Do the NLS Non-Linear Summer work as a saturation plugin too?

1 hour ago, Last Call said:

How do you reckon?

Drop this on a bus. Anything thing you want to come forward in the mix  

Turn up the pre-amp to 40.

Flip the noise switch to low

Turn up the mids+1 or more

Set send to this bus - It will move a track to the front. It is great on things like drums,lead vocals, and any guitar solo ithat you want to jump out front. 

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Last Call said:

How do you reckon?

Yes, a little bit, but not near as much. It's a different beast.

Edited by Max Arwood
Nothing like an empty message! Forgot to add data LOL!!!

Just now, Max Arwood said:

Drop this on a bus. Anything thing you want to come forward in the mix  

Turn up the pre-amp to 40.

Flip the noise switch to low

Turn up the mids+1 or more

Set send to this bus - It will move a track to the front. It is great on things like drums,lead vocals, and any guitar solo ithat you want to jump out front. 

Sweet mate, I will try this out.

21 hours ago, abacab said:

At some point I got rid of everything except the Waveshells 12, 13, & 14, and all is well.

It looks like right now my Waves plugins are all either 12 or 14, so I probably could delete 13. But don't wanna push my luck! 🙄

What did you do, just delete the files? 

16 hours ago, husker said:

What did you do, just delete the files? 

(Mac/Logic guy here) FWIW I’m still running version 11 plugins bc of WUP, and waves central sometimes adds in extra versions (that I don’t need) of a plugin when I install a new one.

i routinely clear out waveshell versions I don’t use from my components, vst & vst3 folders by deleting them straight from their respective  folders (or drag them to the trash, whatever is easier). For example the V10 & v14 waveshells sometimes get installed and I’ll just delete those but leave the v11 shells. Works fine for me. I also keep my vst folders completely cleared out of all unintentionally installed plugins to save space since I don’t need any of those. No issues here running my v11’s doing it this way

Edited by dumbquestions

8 hours ago, dumbquestions said:

i routinely clear out waveshell versions I don’t use from my components, vst & vst3 folders by deleting them straight from their respective  folders (or drag them to the trash, whatever is easier).

But Mac handles this much differently than Windows. Using vendor supplied maintenance and uninstall utilities is still the best practice for Windows.

• Great Idea 1

10 minutes ago, dumbquestions said:

Yes agreed, by all means follow this protocol for Windows users

I just threw that caution out there as this community is a majority of Windows users. A few hardcore Mac heads hang out here in the Deals forum, so all are welcome!

I don't personally use a Mac, but other than it's too pricey for me and cannot run Cakewalk, it has some advantages, as you pointed out. I set one up for my Dad, and have a few friends that are graphic artists that use Macs.

3 hours ago, abacab said:

I just threw that caution out there as this community is a majority of Windows users. A few hardcore Mac heads hang out here in the Deals forum, so all are welcome!

I don't personally use a Mac, but other than it's too pricey for me and cannot run Cakewalk, it has some advantages, as you pointed out. I set one up for my Dad, and have a few friends that are graphic artists that use Macs.

Makes sense in that case! I’ve admittedly been lurking this forum just for the deals & freebies the last few months and it’s become my favorite one over kvr, vi control, bpb, rekkerd, etc. so thank you all for the consistent contributions.

i figured it was time to join the conversation lol, albeit a mac user I’m by no means here to hold it as a higher standard since windows has plenty of its own great advantages, cakewalk being one of them! I only have a macbook as it was the required hardware for school/work.

All that said, Waves still just as frustrating no matter the hardware/OS 🙄

Though i am grateful for these little youtube influencer freebies every now and then

Edited by dumbquestions
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, dumbquestions said:

All that said, Waves still just as frustrating no matter the hardware/OS 🙄

Agreed on Waves! That Waveshell thingy and the WUP woop drives a lot of folks crazy! Some good plugins, but those shells are a real drag on plugin scanners!

• Like 1