Waves Kramer HLS Channel free

ralfrobert

On 1/27/2023 at 11:07 AM, ALC said:

Should probably share this video, since he's paying for the promotion.

I  totally agree with sharing the influencer's video, I just wanted to make sure that no one mistakenly gets the idea that influencers pay for freebies like this. An influencer doesn't pay for a promotion,  the developer does. Developers use popular influencers to promote their brands, including using freebies,  often by sponsorship of influencer's videos (giving the influencer payment in exchange for promoting their brand/products) or simply an outright payment (if the influencer has a big following), especially on promotions like this. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 4
  • Great Idea 1

This is a great saturation plug-in! It is in my master template. And has been there for several years.. Don’t get wuped out of. getting a great plug-in free. I just watched this used by one of the major pros last night. This and pie are not replaceable by any plugins that sound similar. 

• Like 1

I almost always track electric guitar cabs miked through the UAD Helios plugin (That and the HLS are emulations of the Olympic Studios Helios console) and use the HLS during mix. EQ-wise it's like fishing with dynamite but they have this great very colored sound that makes guitars and bass growl.  The preamp  gain is where the magic is. Gain stage with the fader.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Max Arwood said:

This and pie are not replaceable by any plugins that sound similar. 

Agreed. UAD stuff comes real close.

18 minutes ago, Tommy Byrnes said:

track electric guitar cabs miked through the UAD Helios plugin

18 minutes ago, Tommy Byrnes said:

they have this great very colored sound that makes guitars and bass growl.

So when I record a guitar it's almost always running through a Helios with the gain set for that sound. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Depends on what 'growl' I am going for. 

51 minutes ago, Max Arwood said:

Don’t get wuped out of. getting a great plug-in free.

Well said.

17 hours ago, LAGinz said:

Nice freebie. Yeah, it’s subject to WUP, but just don’t WUP. It’s not gonna stop working if you don’t WUP (hopefully 😆)

I've ignored WUP since my first Waves purchase, the Schepps Omni Channel. As mentioned above, hopefully I'll never need to WUP.  Since then, I found the early Waves products to be really useful and low on system resources (Vocal Rider and some of the Renaissance plugins for exampe). I found the Waves version shells confusing at first but now that I know they exist I haven't had to pay much attention.  If some change comes to Windows OS and CPU's like the Mac's M1 we might be in trouble. 

Edited by Doug Steinschneider
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Doug Steinschneider said:

I've ignored WUP since my first Waves purchase, the Schepps Omni Channel. As mentioned above, hopefully I'll never need to WUP.  Since then, I found the early Waves products to be really useful and low on system resources (Vocal Rider and some of the Renaissance plugins for exampe). I found the Waves version shells confusing at first but now that I know they exist I haven't had to pay much attention.  If some change comes to Windows OS and CPU's like the Mac's M1 we might be in trouble. 

The Maxx collection often goes under $50.  I guess if death is not the option, that would be the collection I'd have no issues doing WUP.