how do I restore guitar rig 4 le from my old CW platinum version- SOLVED !

FreeEarCandy

I opened up an old project I created on my paid platinum version of CW before Bandlab. In this project I used guitar rig 4 le and a cakewalk amp sim. Upon opening the project I was informed that neither was available. I searched around in the CW platinum content files, which I still have on my computer, and could not locate either. However, my old CW account clearly shows that I purchased or acquired the guitar rig 4 le via and upgrade. I have the serial number, but I cannot find any down load option to restore it on my computer. As far as the CW amp sim I don't have a clue where I can locate it in my platinum content file. I did a search on my computer and still came up empty.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

FreeEarCandy

P.S. This problem has been solved! See msmcleod (Mark) comment below for the solution.  Thanks Mark!

Edited by FreeEarCandy

Guitar Rig 4 LE was never bundled with SONAR Platinum. 

The easiest way to secure a GR4LE installer is from your NI user account. 

Otherwise, you will need to figure out which Cakewalk product included GR4LE and use that installer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sal Sorice said:

Pretty sure you can get it using the Cakewalk Command Center:

https://www.cakewalk.com/command-center

Hello Sal. Thanks for responding. I did look inside the Cakewalk Command Center and I didn't see any specific download or install  option for GR4le. Nevertheless, thank you for your consideration. Much appreciated!

Dean

2 hours ago, scook said:

Guitar Rig 4 LE was never bundled with SONAR Platinum. 

The easiest way to secure a GR4LE installer is from your NI user account. 

Otherwise, you will need to figure out which Cakewalk product included GR4LE and use that installer.

Hello Sook.  I have an account, but have yet to check if they still offer GR4le.  I think msmcleod answered my questions where I can locate it. Thanks  for your consideration.

Dean

3 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

IIRC Guitar Rig 4 LE was bundled with Sonar X1 Producer.

You can't install that via Cakewalk Command Center, but you should be able to download the installers from your account at www.cakewalk.com .

Hello msmcleod. That's great news. I wasn't sure which bundle it came with and you have answered that question. Yes. I should be able to still download SX1-P and that should also solve my CW amp sim issue as well. I may already have it stored on a hard drive, but I think I'll just download it again. Thanks so much for the guidance and time saving info. That was a big help.  One more thing. Since I think this problem is solved how do I shut this topic down so I don't waste anyone's time responding to this solved issue?

Dean.

1 hour ago, FreeEarCandy said:

One more thing. Since I think this problem is solved how do I shut this topic down so I don't waste anyone's time responding to this solved issue?

You can edit the threads title and add the word "solved." But rest assured, two or three years from now someone will bring this thread back to life and say "I have the same problem. Anyone found a solution?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1