peanut butter toast (freddy and the kid) get the catsup

Jesse Screed

44 minutes ago, daryl1968 said:

You do this so well Jesse - it sounds effortless but you make some great choices. Love the reversed drum 'rolls'

d68, I am not sure I can agree with you.

personally, I think I hit a wall with this.

while it might be interesting to those who appreciate noise,  i do not believe it has much merit in the sense of "songiness"

but, I dropped it, and now I will let it die it's death of natural causes.

Freddy is a generous man, and a fine guitar player. I can't imagine he ever thought that this might be the consequence of his generosity. I know he will understand because he is like that.

So there it is, a sonic descent into unbridled crazyosity.

It was fun though, just not what my original intentions were.

zippity do dah  🤪

44 minutes ago, Jesse Screed said:

Yep, that's what that was!! : )

It was an interesting listen. I listened to it before I read the comments. As I listened, found myself trying to pick out what was what, and realized almost at the end of the song that it's mostly just a bunch of noise... arranged rhythmically..... which is what all music is. Then I started thingking this must have been the same thought process that the older generation went through when they first heard rock-n-roll. Then the next song came on and broke my concentration!! : )

That said, I thought you did a good job with it.

1 hour ago, Jesse Screed said:

d68, I am not sure I can agree with you.

personally, I think I hit a wall with this.

while it might be interesting to those who appreciate noise,  i do not believe it has much merit in the sense of "songiness"

but, I dropped it, and now I will let it die it's death of natural causes.

Freddy is a generous man, and a fine guitar player. I can't imagine he ever thought that this might be the consequence of his generosity. I know he will understand because he is like that.

It was fun though, just not what my original intentions were.

zippity do dah  🤪

I respectfully disagree mate. Personally, I find it so easy to be drawn into the standard verse, chorus, verse, chorus, mid 8 etc etc but I love the random nature of this. 

I'm not saying you'll ever hear this on mainstream radio but, in a world full of band in a box, there is definitely a place for a freeform song like this. Don't ever stop my friend. 

• Like 1

Jesse, I don't know how you do it but somehow you took some pretty bland guitar stuff that I sent and made it sound really cool and creative. Daryl is right -- this type of music will never be heard on mainstream radio but there are some of us who like something that is a bit different and creative.  There are also a few venues that actually venture into the experimental genre (e.g., community radio, pirate radio, on-line radio, etc.).  Anyway, keep on doing what you like to do and thanks for asking me to participate again!

Thanks to Daryl and Grem for their comments!

Oh ya --- I love the ending and the "catsup" stuff!

Edited by freddy j
additional comment
  • Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 5:58 AM, daryl1968 said:

I respectfully disagree mate. Personally, I find it so easy to be drawn into the standard verse, chorus, verse, chorus, mid 8 etc etc but I love the random nature of this. 

I'm not saying you'll ever hear this on mainstream radio but, in a world full of band in a box, there is definitely a place for a freeform song like this. Don't ever stop my friend. 

Two words, Sonic Youth.... sorry bro but you rock🥪

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Joad said:

Two words, Sonic Youth.... sorry bro but you rock🥪

funny thing is, I was listening to SL yesterday,

Not sure about your assertion, but I would say peanut butter toast naked lily pearl is more like that.

Joad, do you ever?

that's a dumb question.