FREE!! A Really Nice Wurli Electric Piano for KONTAKT (full)

PavlovsCat

Anyone who has seen my posts over the past year is probably aware that I'm a HUGE fan of Wurli electric pianos. I found this very good free Wurli library for KONTAKT (full version) called the Lo-Fi Wurli and wanted to share the info with my fellow forum members.

While it doesn't have a GUI, it has 5 velocity layers (thanks for the info @user4325874) and I think the samples and tone are excellent. There is some noise in the samples if you hold them for a long time that could be cleaned up, but it's not terrible. It is easily my new favorite free Wurli sample library and better than some of the paid Wurli libraries I own. I immediately created a bunch of presets/snapshots for the library using reverb, distortion, a rotator speaker (Lesie) sim  and really love the sound of it. While I have Wurlis from e-Instruments and Skybox Audio that are much more sophisticated packages with all sorts of options -- like the ability to add in the clank of a Wurlie with e-instruments library and lots of presets with both --  the spot on tone of this library makes it a keeper. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 12

50 minutes ago, satyabrata satapathy said:

There is already one in LABS right 🤔

Yes. There is a free Wurli library in Labs. There are a bunch of free Wurli libraries on the Web. And, like everything else, it's what you like that matters. But IMO, to be very candid, I find the Labs Wurli dull and lifeless (also, there's a very annoying click in sample for the 2nd lowest C note that I'm surprised got through their QC process). Even for free, I don't think the library is a keeper. I'm not even crazy about Spitfire's $29USD Originals Wurli (which I don't own, I'm just basing that on the demos). I find the free Lo-Fi library for KONTAKT I shared in my OP vastly more bright and alive than the free Labs Wurli or even the Originals Wurli . Of course, the Wurli library in my OP requires the full version of KONTAKT.  If you don't own the full version of KONTAKT, I find the free Wurli libraries from the Pianobook community for Decent Sampler that I recommended in my thread on free sample libraries are superior to the Labs Wurli library. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

5 minutes ago, user4325874 said:

Lo-Fi Wurli got 5  velocity layers which are visible in the mapping editor of (full) Kontakt.

Thanks for the info @user4325874. So the person who made this put a good deal of work into it. I'm going to adjust my original post to include that it has more velocity layers than I realized.  I just know that I love the tone of this library and I'm pretty critical of Wurli sample libraries. Okay, I am critical about all kinds of sample libraries, but I'm particularly choosy about Wurli libraries and this has quickly become my favorite free Wurli library to date. I realize that it was originally shared three years ago, but I just found it last night and figured that it would be new to many others here too (and apparently it is, based on the reactions). 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, abacab said:

The link doesn't work...

@abacab  The link to Reddit and the link for Google Drive both worked when I checked it just now -- and it's clearly working for other people, so perhaps you can try again? Here's the direct link to the Wurli library without going to Reddit first. user4325874 posted a link to ALL the samplist's shared libraries above, so you can also check that out, if you're interested in other free libraries from this samplist. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15U99DL5BJdPAwj3SDOYvI2EPJ1_eaL8K

8 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

@abacab  The link to Reddit and the link for Google Drive both worked when I checked it just now -- and it's clearly working for other people, so perhaps you can try again? Here's the direct link to the Wurli library without going to Reddit first. user4325874 posted a link to ALL the samplist's shared libraries above, so you can also check that out, if you're interested in other free libraries from this samplist. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15U99DL5BJdPAwj3SDOYvI2EPJ1_eaL8K

OK, thanks! That link worked. I had tried the Reddit link here in both Firefox and Chrome, and they both ignored it. Normally don't have any issues accessing Reddit from these browsers.

Strange thing is that after testing again, found out that it was my "Disconnect" add-on that I use in both browsers to block web trackers that was blocking my access in this instance.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/disconnect/

All good now though! Thanks again!

• Like 2

I was playing around with a high pass filter and EQ in KONTAKT and when I was holding down chords/notes for several seconds, I realized that these samples do have a fair amount of noise in them, which a pro developer would have cleaned up. Granted, unless you're holding down chords/notes for a very long time, I don't think it's a showstopper. I still like the library a lot and appreciate the the generous individual who created the library and gave it away free on Reddit, who goes by Karkille. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peter Hintze said:

@PavlovsCat:

maybe somebody with a RX7 license could batch process/clean up the files?

It would be great if someone wants to offer that to the person who made the library.  You could always contact him on Reddit using the link in the OP.  It would take an already really good freebie library and make it even better.