Audio interface help

Adriana Honaker

Question

4 answers to this question

On 1/26/2023 at 11:40 AM, Adriana Honaker said:

I just bought a donner podcast bundle and it works when I record on my phone using band lab but it doesn't work when I use my laptop with cakewalk. Can someone help?

Looks interesting.   Manual.

I just read through the manual.  Not sure what kind of data come from the the usb port to the computer ("Data Transmission" ). If it is a bona fide audio device, it should be selectable in Cakewalk's Preferences.  (See Reference Guide, Tutorials, etc.). It is supposed to be compatible with Windows, but the manual doesn't say anything about installing drivers and I don't see where drivers can be downloaded from the website.  Maybe it will work out of the box with WASAPI.  (See John Vere's Tutorial # 36.)

Wireless Connection:                        Buletooth 5.1

Not sure if Bluetooth would work to send audio to your computer.  Using the audio out might also be an option. But digital audio direct from the USB port would be my first choice. Does it show up as an audio device on your laptop (e.g., Settings/Device Manager)?  If so, I assume Windows would make it visible/accessible to any software, including Cakewalk.  (See Cakewalk's Preferences to select the device.) 

The Donner setup video says to use the power button on the Donner to turn on the computer.  That might be significant for Windows to successfully enumerate the Donner as a usb device.  Best Practices Tip: Make sure you consistently use the same usb port each time you use the Donner.  A number Cakewalk users have reported issues caused by changing the usb port used.

Edited by User 905133
(4) To add a comment after watching the Donner setup video; (3) To add a reference to Cactus Tutorial # 36; (2) to add some thoughts after reading the manual; (1) to add a manual link.
  • Like 1