Jesse Jost

How do I provide feedback about this community itself?

On 8/16/2021 at 8:21 AM, jackson white said:

@sjoens you could try this Chrome add-on which adds a convenient toggle to the browser bar.

https://mybrowseraddon.com/dark-mode.html

(was doing some remote location work and finding the "light" screens were attracting too many bugs at night ...)

Thanks, that helps a little but needs tweeking to get it right.

I'd like to see a section for user shared techniques.

As in: This is the way I do this ......

Allowing users to share their knowledge of a specific topic. All under one main topic heading, with a thread for each new topic as a kind of user supplied tutorial.  The idea being to group these together rather than spread throughout the Forum.

9 hours ago, rfssongs said:

I'd like to see a section for user shared techniques.

As in: This is the way I do this ......

Allowing users to share their knowledge of a specific topic. All under one main topic heading, with a thread for each new topic as a kind of user supplied tutorial.  The idea being to group these together rather than spread throughout the Forum.

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/forum/44-production-techniques-new/

Hi there, I think that specifically in the Q&A section, it can be a little confusing that the "Meh" reaction emoji (a thumbs down)  is distinct from a downvote and does not affect the score of a post.  Perhaps a face emoji for "Meh" would be better.

I fully agree! Thumbing own a post shouldn't affect someone's community reputation.

"I didn't like your post" is not the same thing as "I don't like you." I don't think it makes any sense that a new person can be given a "poor reputation" because (to make up an example) he started a thread on "IKM moving to subscription model." (They aren't.)