How do I provide feedback about this community itself?

Jesse Jost

13 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

and when i click on your blurry thumbnail, why does it just show the same blurry thumbnail but slightly bigger?

That's just what you get when you host your file on this site. It is limited to a small resolution. To post a full resolution image, you need to link it to a 3rd party hosting service such as Imgur.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/3/2019 at 5:08 AM, Jaime Ferreira said:

Me gustaria mejorar la experiancia del AKAI APC mini como controlador midi , al estilo de REAPER y poder usar el APC mini como emulador push http://www.mossgrabers.de/index.html

Google translate: 

I would like to improve the experience of the AKAI APC mini as midi controller, in the style of REAPER and to use the APC mini as a push emulator http://www.mossgrabers.de/index.html

• 1 month later...

I see people successfully circumventing the "click magnifying glass to display image smaller than thumbnail" feature of the forum and posting images that display at their full size, and I see people saying that the way to do this is to host the image on another site.

However, I do not remember seeing an exact recipe for doing this with any particular site. I have accounts at Google Drive, Google Photos, Flickr, and MEGA, and at this point, I've given up and just put a url in my posts. If someone can be bothered to click on it, they get to see my picture.

Still, I would like to be able to post images that are viewable at their original, legible size. Is there a way to do this with the hosting services I already use? Can someone post an exact recipe?

go to https://imgur.com/

click "new post" at top-left

upload your image (browse & select or dragon-drop)

when it says "success" and shows you the image, right-click the image and choose "copy image location" (may be phrased differently in different browsers)

come to your post/reply, click the "insert other media" button

paste the image location url into the popup

here's one i just did:

pzyDifn.jpg

(yes, it is that pixelly)

/hth

@Starship Krupa

I use   https://www.irfanview.com/ to paste and edit screenshots.  I save the screenshots as jpg files.  I use    https://www.4shared.com/  to store  jpg format images in the cloud.

To keep things organized I created a storage folder in 4shared.com and labeled the folder "Screenshots".   Once a screenshot is uploaded to 4shared.com the website provides me with the capability to select a download link, HTML link or "forum" link to copy.  The forum link includes the brackets the forum software needs to know for the forum software to display the image.   An example image link is below. 

Clipboard30

Edited by Jim Fogle
Add @Starship Krupa callout & replace screen shot

• 3 months later...

@Jack Stoner, My suggestion to update was based in the Win 10 Pro build information (1901) in your original post.  Good to read you're current.  If you haven't tried clearing browser cookies or flushing the browser cache you may want to.  Some information such as settings carry over even after an update and it could be as simple as a stuck data bit.

This has been happening for a long time, probably since the start of this forum but I just got around to mentioning it.  That means many Win 10 versions,  cache cleanings, etc.  It also happens on a laptop I have with Win 10. 

BTW. I'm a computer tech.

To add,  Murphy's Law.  It hasn't happened since I mentioned it.

Edited by Jack Stoner
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2018 at 6:23 AM, Jack Stoner said:

I, and a couple other forum members, have helped a lot of users with Computer issues.  A computer section, like the old forum, should be added to this forum.

Other music/recording forums such as gearslutz and The Steel Guitar Forum include computer forum sections.

Definitely want to "upvote" this idea.  A part of the forum dedicated to the discussion of  "Computers for Audio" would be totally awesome.  I visited that part of the Legacy Cakewalk Forums all the time.

In the meantime, would anyone be able to offer a link or links to forums on other sites (in addition to gearslutz and The Steel Guitar Forum, that is) that are dedicated to Audio Workstations?  Thanks !!

Edited by Ted Chmura
My stupidity

On 1/9/2020 at 5:36 PM, Ted Chmura said:

Definitely want to "upvote" this idea.  A part of the forum dedicated to the discussion of  "Computers for Audio" would be totally awesome.  I visited that part of the Legacy Cakewalk Forums all the time.

I agree that is a great idea. I miss the area that was provided in the old forum for that.

Computers, and Windows are complicated beasts, but the computer audio requirements are a specific subset of Windows usage, and deserve their own sub-forum for discussion.

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Brix Boston said:

Is there a forum specifically for using BandLab online only and those using the app? Seems like a totally different "crowd" between desktop users and app users. There also seems to be different issues and troubleshooting going on. 

I'm not aware of one. This forum is provided by BandLab as a continuation of the former Cakewalk desktop DAW forum, that was acquired from Gibson after the Cakewalk company was shut down in 2017.

The "how-to" and troubleshooting needs/concerns are probably quite different.

I would contact support@bandlab.com with any issues.

Or download Cakewalk by BandLab and jump in here! Lots of resources  and experienced users are available in this forum if you wish to learn about using a DAW! :D

https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk

Edited by abacab