How do I provide feedback about this community itself?

Jesse Jost

I suggest two parts of the Feature & Ideas forum. New users and veteran users.

I've read many forum posts on different forums and for me it's pretty obvious that users who have used Cakewalk for many years have different needs and thus different feature requests than newbies.

It could be beneficial to know what the newbies misses and want to see in future upgrades.

• Like 2

The one thing that most software companies take for granted is the fact that their users are computer literate...I see evidence to the contrary constantly ;)

It would be nice to see an Essentials section with Computer Essentials and DAW Essentials. I've always wondered why no one considered it before. It would go a long way towards heading off user frustration and negativity. For the someone new to computers and DAWs in general it would be priceless!

Bill

• Like 7
  • Great Idea 1

5 hours ago, Kurre said:

I suggest two parts of the Feature & Ideas forum. New users and veteran users.

I've read many forum posts on different forums and for me it's pretty obvious that users who have used Cakewalk for many years have different needs and thus different feature requests than newbies.

It could be beneficial to know what the newbies misses and want to see in future upgrades.

+1

• Like 2

@Kurre

That's a great idea. Perhaps we should use the system of tagging instead of relying on more than one topic - I.e if there is no tag it's assumed to be a new user feature/idea - if there is a tag of "veteran" or something we think of that sounds better then it will be clearly visible. What do you think.

• Great Idea 1

Im having an issue with Inbox messages. I cant send anyone a message, I only receive this message

""Your inbox is full. You must delete some messages before you can send any more."" (I have 1 inbox message).

This is if I hover over someone's avatar and click "Message" or if I click on their profile then select "Message".

inbox issue.JPG

Edited by Chuck E Baby

15 hours ago, whistlekiller said:

One of the new forum features as opposed to the old place is the 'Like' button (the heart shaped icon at the bottom right of each post) which replaces the need to quote and reply with "+1" when you like something. Keeps forum clutter down. 

Good hint, but IMHO the +1 is not that severe concerning forum cluttering than THREAD HIJACKING !!!

• Meh 1

1. Make BIGGER or bolder the orange button text. (white on orange is hard to see especially using Chrome.

2. Make bigger and/or darker the gray and orange text.

3. Add a floating arrow button to expedite returning to the top of the page.

4. Add "Contributed to" to the SORT BY list so threads I contributed to move to the top of the list.

(this can already be done using one's account Profile link at the top right)

5. Make a forum access link from our BL account login page so the (broken for IE) login can be avoided.

🙂

Edited by sjoens
  • Great Idea 1

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 11:09 PM, sjoens said:

Make a STUDIO forum with sub forums for:

- Instruments & Effects

- Hardware

- Software

- Deals (Coffee House seems highly odd place for such a forum)

Agreed.  This forum is "categorically" bland.  I'm really not a negative person or whiner but the old forum with all it's quirk was my favorite place to browse - I knew where to look for what.  I like the new home but it is becoming my least favorite place to browse.  Reminds me of a Steven Wright quote:

"I went to a general store but they wouldn't let me buy anything specific."  :) 

• Like 1

On the unread content list, it would be nice to have a "mark topic as read" link/button on each post.

The "mark site read" is useful, but there's always a danger I've missed something in between clicking the link & clicking the confirmation box, and also the list of unread post can be quite long and it's easy to lose your place.

It would be nice to just mark off the obvious ones I want to skip one by one - especially if they're short posts and I've effectively read it on that list.

• Like 1

Would it be possible to have more threads on a page at the songs forum? At the moment there are 19 which means a thread will drop to page 2 pretty quickly, and hardly anyone goes to page 2. I think the old forum had nearly 50 threads on a page.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1