How do I provide feedback about this community itself?

Jesse Jost

On 1/31/2020 at 11:29 AM, abacab said:

The "how-to" and troubleshooting needs/concerns are probably quite different.

I test drove the web-browser-based Bandlab two or three times. As a long-time Cakewalk user, I'd say they are quite different. Not saying one is better than the other; I think they both serve different needs.

On 1/30/2020 at 2:47 PM, Brix Boston said:

Is there a forum specifically for using BandLab online only and those using the app? Seems like a totally different "crowd" between desktop users and app users. There also seems to be different issues and troubleshooting going on. 

When I saw this yesterday, I looked, but didn't see a forum.  There is a searchable "Knowledge Base."  I didn't mention that yesterday because I got the sense that you were looking for a forum like we have here.

I believe the social media focus of Bandlab lends itself to sharing projects-in-progress with others who use that platform (specific people, IIIRC) . I don't remember if there is online chat. I do remember getting help from someone from here and also looking at one of his Bandlab Projects through the Bandlab interface.

I did explore (very minimally) the potential to export Bandlab projects (*.blx) and then import them into Cakewalk. So, I know it can be done; I just can't tell you how.

I do know you can drag loops (audio and/or MIDI) from the Bandlab Assistant App into Cakewalk.  For me, the audio loops were not of the highest resolution. 

Clearly Bandlab (the app and the site) is directed towards people interested in social-media connectivity.  I explored it because someday I might want to take advantage of that focus.  Right now, for me/for what I am doing, it took too much time to figure out the logistics of the online composing process. 

If you are interested in learning more about exporting Bandlab Projects and importing them into Cakewalk, I can look up the links--but I think the sections are in the Reference Guide and in one of the Feature Updates a few updates ago.

Hope this helps.

PS: I didn't explore this, but perhaps there is interactive stuff (help) there.

PPS: It looks like there are some people listed in the tutorials link that use Facebook for Q&A.  I don't have Facebook (being not very sociable), but maybe that is the way the social-media crowd interacts (as opposed to forums). 

Edited by User 905133
(3) to fix a typo; (2) to add a PPS about some social-media stuff I found over at Education at Bandlab (1) to add a PS about the student/teader education section at Bandlab

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

This forum brings "Display Name" from "Name" of BandLab web site profile when do "Connect with BandLab" to re-login this forum. This is annoying for users who want to use different name for this forum and BandLab site. Have to change "Display Name" every re-login this forum.
Is there a way around this? @Jesse Jost

Edited by HIBI

On 11/4/2020 at 4:43 AM, HIBI said:

This forum brings "Display Name" from "Name" of BandLab web site profile when do "Connect with BandLab" to re-login this forum. This is annoying for users who want to use different name for this forum and BandLab site. Have to change "Display Name" every re-login this forum.
Is there a way around this? @Jesse Jost

@HIBI

I'm not sure yet if there's a way to change this behavior - the default intent being to link your BL account to your forum account. Incidentally I experimented using different BandLab and forum names, and it seems you may be able to avoid having to re-enter your forum display name by keeping an instance of the forum active in your browser.  That said, I have a different BandLab username than I do here, and forum username seems to stick regardless. 🤷‍♂️

Jesse

• Sad 1

On 11/8/2020 at 8:32 PM, kitekrazy said:

More political crap keeps showing up and the mods whoever they are are either biased or doing a shit job.

it got deleted if you're referring to the the "you're fired!" fred, but at least it was in the coffee shop :)

3 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Unfortunately literacy seems to be a difficult thing for some.

nope, too obscure, i don't get it, unless you were referring to a different fred? tbh i'd've been surprised if the current big hoo-har didn't get mentioned somewhere

3 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Under the Coffee House

Discussion of off-topic music related subjects. No politics. No religion. All love. Enjoy!

Some people get it.  Some of them probably fear to go to other forums where their views might be challenged. 

i always browse via the "unread posts" list so never see this, but like i said it's hardly surprising right now 🤷‍♂️

9 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

i always browse via the "unread posts" list so never see this, but like i said it's hardly surprising right now 🤷‍♂️

Politics ruin everything.  I watched a video of women where a knitting forum was ruined because of politics.  A kitting forum of all things.  You never see political posts in Image-Line, Live, and Reason Talk.  By all means those who try to turn the Coffee House into their political soapbox should go elsewhere for that.  Vi-Control has one and they might not like being challenged.  

• 1 month later...

I find the whole sub categorization of certain portions of the forum unnecessary. Certain specialized categories, like a section for "veterans", do nothing but alienate members apart. Then you end up with a small group here, another there, no communication between those, could create issues with new users, etc. Takes away the feeling of a welcoming place, especially if the over categorization leads to confused users or new users being micro modded by older users.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 7 months later...