How to Combine Two Audio Tracks

Ben Shemuel

Question

9 answers to this question

Bounce to Track(s) on the Track View Tracks Menu is a very common method.

To bounce down multiple tracks into one audio track

• solo the tracks to bounce (or mute the tracks NOT to bounce whichever is easier)
  • listen to the audio and verify the solo/mute is correct
  • open the Bounce to Track(s) dialog
  • select "Entire Mix" as the source category
  • click OK
  • archive the bounced tracks (if synth plug-ins are involved may want to disconnect them too)

On 1/26/2023 at 10:36 AM, scook said:

Bounce to Track(s) on the Track View Tracks Menu is a very common method.

Feeling kind of stupid here, but I have a variation on this question: I have six tracks containing a couple of handclaps each, nothing more. I want to mix them down to a single stereo track. When I Bounce to Tracks..., I get the export dialog. I select the six tracks on my timeline and  "Tracks" as the source. The dialog has preselected the correct six tracks as well as the next empty track (singular!) in my project as the destination. This looks perfect, but when I render, it simply copies each of my original six tracks to six new tracks, beginning with the preselected destination track. It's not mixed -- I just have six duplicate tracks. For now I'll do it by soloing my six tracks and rendering "Entire Mix," but shouldn't this work the way I tried it? Am I missing something?

49 minutes ago, Larry Jones said:

When I Bounce to Tracks..., I get the export dialog

The new Bounce To Tracks dialog looks a lot like the new Export Audio dialog. They are based on a new UI being slowly added to the DAW.

49 minutes ago, Larry Jones said:

I select the six tracks on my timeline and  "Tracks" as the source. The dialog has preselected the correct six tracks as well as the next empty track (singular!) in my project as the destination. This looks perfect, but when I render, it simply copies each of my original six tracks to six new tracks, beginning with the preselected destination track. It's not mixed

This is the same whether using the new or old Bounce To Tracks dialog.

IOW, it has always worked this way.

The only way to render multiple tracks to a single track is sum them before bouncing such as routing everything to a bus (and sourcing it) or a combination of solo/mute and sourcing "Entire Mix."

• Thanks 1

I have a similar question.  I want to make two mono tracks one stereo track.  When I look this up online it looks like I need to first get a degree in audio engineering and then figure out how to use this bounce stuff and busses in a long elaborate highly technical fashion to do a simple thing. I must not be finding the right instructions.  In audacity I can do it in a few clicks.  Is there a simple way to do this in cakewalk?