Steinberg 40% off crossgrades to Nuendo, WaveLab and SpectraLayers

Frank

https://www.steinberg.net/promotion/

Big discounts in the New Year New Gear Sale.

As 2023 gets underway, we are offering a huge 40% off crossgrades to Nuendo, WaveLab and SpectraLayers. The offer includes competitive crossgrades to Nuendo, SpectraLayers and Wavelab, as well as crossgrades to Nuendo from Cubase and Nuendo Live. Not only that, there’s also 30% off the Mastering Super Bundle. But hurry, this special offer is only available until February 13, 2023.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cookie Jarvis said:

I think I'm going to crossgrade my Cubase Pro 12 to Nuendo 12...from what I understand I'll still be able to run my Cubase 11 Pro and older with my eLicenser and my Cubase Pro 12 will remain active and upgradeable...got that from a Nuendo guy at the steinberg forum.

Bill

Curious about this as well.
Seeing lots of misinformation on the Steinberg forum - not seeing** anything posted by Steinberg directly stating things clearly.
**maybe I just missed it...

Part of the crossgrade process use to be surrendering your Cubase license.
A couple of forum user's claim that has changed with v12 and that you now can keep your Cubase but it becomes non-upgradable (some claim otherwise),
but none of the info appears to 1st handed (i.e. I did it and here's what happened to me...) or directly from Steinberg.    

Minimally you should still be able to run your Cubase 11 Pro with your eLicenser, It would be nice if the crossgrade left you with a functional/upgradable v12.

Edited by TheSteven

I just spent 2h+ really trying to understand what Nuendo or Wavelab would give me

1-I already have Cubase (and I generally use Pro Tools anyway). It sounds like Nuendo is essentially "Cubase Ultimate" adding many tools for game audio & film audio, and for  surround, but compared to Cubase it adds very little for stereo music production (some extra VSTs, e.g., for vocal tweaking, but you can get similar functionality from 3rd party vst's)

2-I already have Soundforge and Spectralayers. I use them infrequently, when I want the "fine tuning" capability of an audio editor, e.g., very detailed noise correction, sample-granularity cutting/trimming, or format conversion (sample rate conversion, or extracting audio from a cd/cassette/video/field recording). It sounds like Wavelab is closer to a DAW than Soundforge, and integrates both wave editing and spectral editing, but the result is more complicated to use. The other area where Wavelab offers advantages is advanced batch processing (vs. the simpler batch processing in Soundforge of "set up a chain, let it run, listen to the results an hour later")

In summary, on the one hand it's clear that they both offer advantages over what I have, but it sounds like it's not a simple call to "go with the best" because these advantages are in areas I don't really use, and all I'd really gain is added complexity.

A question for those of you using Nuendo/Wavelab, is there something that I missed and I should look into?

Wavelab integrates with Cubase and you can send audio files back and forth the same way you can with Cakewalk and Sound Forge. For mastering you would setup a montage which allows full control over each track or parts of the tracks for fades, fx, etc. You can generate a DDP file, export as mp3, etc.

Personally I like that if I don't use every feature it's still there if I need it in the future...beats buying new software every time you want to do something not in your current program.

With Nuendo there's a few things I'll use now but I'm thinking about making vids in the future and Nuendo will be handy!

Bill

• Thanks 1

I can crossgrade to Spectralyers Pro 9, from RX7 Standard, for $119,40

I'm not sure if I'll have anything different enough though.

I use RX mostly for noise reduction. I tried reverb removal some times but didn't liked the results.

Is  the Steinberg spectral audio editing any better?

Edited by Sergio

On 1/26/2023 at 10:34 AM, Sergio said:

I can crossgrade to Spectralyers Pro 9, from RX7 Standard, for $119,40

Sorry for quoting myself. I decided to go ahead and got Spectralayers Pro 9.

I could have used the money to buy other things. Like upgrading to Cherry Audio Synth Stack 3 for a little less f.i. Or other plugins from a variety of companies. But I'd probably be getting more of the same: more synths, more compressors, more eqs, etc.

This program, OTOH, is a lot different from the other tools I have. The closer I have to it is iZotope RX7 Standard. And I never upgraded it 'cause I'd spend more than the $130 bucks Steinberg is asking for SL9.

Maybe I should have saved my money; I don't know. But I have this impression that, having spent it, I can get more from this tool than I'd get buying anything else.

Time will tell...

Edited by Sergio