What Can I Give You?

DaveT2

I recorded this right after my wife passed away, so it is another dirge.  Some (or maybe all) will be thrown off because the rhythm is off, but that is representative of how my life felt after she left.  The song represents stages of her disease, dementia, from  my point of view. Discovery, doctors, mild hope, anticipation, realization, and finally that when you die, you die alone.  

• Like 4

Oh Great, first Keith Wilby's Garden and now this😞  I read the first line in the description and knew I had to proceed.  I like songs about real experiences.

So I'm going to listen

On 1/24/2023 at 10:59 PM, DaveT2 said:

Some (or maybe all) will be thrown off because the rhythm is off, but that is representative of how my life felt after she left. 

I like songs that move in and out.

I can really hear the anguish coming through your guitar playing.

This made me reflect on all the people I have loved that have passed, as well as the friends and family that are dealing with life's travails.

Thankfully we can find some solace in the music we create.

Bless you!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the comments above.  This song certainly emotes suffering.  I hope that you are managing to cope.  The guitar work is excellent and really expresses strong emotions.  I guess this is what the old Blues guys meant when they say their guitar would talk for them.  As I get older I am losing a lot of loved ones and long time friends.  Time does help (somewhat) but I try to concentrate on the good memories vs. the loss.

I'm sure every note has significance and you shared your pain, loss & gain with us. You had her to love and to give this song back to you and to us. Thank you for sharing. Your loss is saddening and sobering. The song does the job for which it was intended.

I appreciate the share. As you listen in the future and are reminded, I hope it can be more than sadness.